• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compaq Athlon 800mhz -- Overclocking possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
hi i have a athlon 800mhz slot, 512mb pc133 (only sees it as pc100 :() ram, nvidia tnt2 card 133/166 normal can go up to 160/220 but my pc was made by compaq and i bought it from them. I would really like yto voerclock but my bios does not have it as an option. i know this sounds really stupid but is there any software or anyway i can oc my pc? my video card oc's fine with riva tuner.

Staz

Yes you can use software to overclock it. Go to Major Geeks and you should be able to find programs to adjust your FSB in windows. You will probibly need to pull your MoBo and Identify your PLL (phased loop lock) but the read me file will tell you how to do that.

Also what you could try is to download SiSoft and use it to Identify your mobo and the see if you can get a bios update that allows overclocking for it.