• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compaq Ipaq vs Ipod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimDgsr

For the price of an ipod I can buy or almost buy an ipaq, which would be able to play mp3s. I don't really know a lot about the ipaqs or other handhelds. Could anyone help me weight the pros and cons of a handheld vs. an mp3 player, and which handheld is the best? ie battery life, screen comparison, etc..

thanks

Tim

AmigoThree

Well I have never used either but the fact that the Ipaq is a big color screen probably means it would chew through the batteries quicker than the Ipod.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
Well, if you have an Ipaq, you get the full pda functionality, plus lost of add ons. An Mp3 player can play mp3s and possible store files, but an Ipaq might have more things like calender, GPS addons, etc.

The thing is though...memory. An Ipod has what, 10gb of storage for mp3s? Or something like that atleast...

Getting similar storage on an Ipaq would be difficult. You'd most likely need to add some CF storage for MP3's to your price list.

So, it boils down to what you really want...tons of mp3 storage, or mp3 storage limited to your CF cards but much more possibilities...

Mike

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
The new iPod's come with iCal, an electronic organizer proggie. Dunno if they come with the Windows version however,

OP
T

TimDgsr

Well, I think I'm going to go with the ipod now that i've thought about it for a while. If I buy a pda I'm going to end up buying way too many accessories and the only real thing I'm going to use it for is to listen to music. Might as well go ahead and buy the ipod and be done with it.

krm197

Registered
Buy the ipod for the mp3 functionality, and get a $50 palm pilot for your organization/pda needs.