• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compaq Video problem - bright white screen?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rapter_F22

Registered
I own a Compaq Presario 1700XL365 with an integrated (of course) Rage Mobile 8MB Video card. It is a used laptop, but still in good condition. Recently I have had serious problems, however, with a strange white screen. It will occasionally send white lines across the screen, and stranger yet, will sometimes slowly brighten the entire screen to a bright white, as if power were surging to the LCD, but it gradually brightens slowly. I have tried reformatting and updating the Graphics card Driver, but neither has helped. I am running XP Professional. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about why this would be happening or what could be causing it. Any and all help will be much appreciated.

snvpa

thats a strange problem. Id say your problem is its a compaq. but thats not helping you much now. It sounds like a screen problem to me. I'm no expert on lcd's though. hopefully someone here will know more. nice avatar by the way but I believe rapter is spelled "Raptor" .

cwb27

My dad's old company laptop did that (some Armada model, also with 8meg Rage Mobile) I came to the conclusion that slamming the screen shut then opening solved the problem quite well.... My guess, it's a ciruitry issue seeing as how phsyical force fixed it tempereraly.