• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compressed gas duster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ComputerDork

Registered
Is this what I use to blow the dust out of my motherboard, fans, and case? I bought it at staples. Is this what I need?

OP
C

ComputerDork

Registered
any tips for how to dust away the dust from inside the case and off the motherboard, etc?

my computer is 3 years old and there is dust everywhere!

OP
C

ComputerDork

Registered
I don't know about this stuff, sounds dangerous. Says if i inhale i could die! I sprayed some on my tongue and seemed to have caught a buzz. Is there anything less harmful, my goodness.

yikes!

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Well, as long as you don't spray the liquid on yourself (which is pretty hard unless you really tilt the thing), then everything's fine. I wouldn't try to get it on the computer either, though I don't think it would kill it.

That stuff = VERY COLD when coming out. Just use bursts, and don't do the tounge thing again!

JigPu

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
...You passed the A+ cert, but squirted that stuff on your tounge? ROFTLMAO!!!!!!!!

*dies of extreme laughter*

Some kind of hydrocarbon... Sounds mushroomy to me too though :D

JigPu

OP
C

ComputerDork

Registered
jig,

I just passed my A+ two weeks ago. Do you think this stuff harmed me by spraying it on my tongue?

wuzzapiman

LOL, LMAO, my friend had a super pak of this stuff, we froze EVERYTHING we could find, the bathroom looked like a vietnamese jungle after a rainfall (-30 degrees)

fiji

yea thats what i use to clean alot of things

works great

i got soooooo much dust out of my psu im not even kidding i bet it was a cubic foot of dust

cf79

OK people.. Let's all calm down. I'm sure at one point in our lives, we took that can of compressed air and sprayed it on some weird part of our body...

*looks around the room*

What... why are you looking at me like that..? What? What?

Ok, let's not lose track here. Just make sure you scan over the warning label on the back (if there is one) and you should be fine.

Another idea (albeit a lame one) is to take it down to a gas station and use their air hose.