• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computah Desk.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

I've exhausted all of my searching capabilities. I've been searching everywhere to find a new computer desk. I can't get anything super expensive.

I've been having a hard time finding a computer desk that has a large keyboard drawer. All the ones that I have seen are all short, skinny, and stubby. Not enough room for a mouse and a bigger than average keyboard. Anyone have any ideas on what I can look for to find something like that?

It is not a specific computer desk and hence does not have a keyboard drawer, but I picked up one of the desks used by most scool teachers near where I lived for about $75. It is big enough for 3 big monitors, a G15 and my xbox. I would check classifieds ads in your area.

we got a really nice desk from a non profit business for a decent donation. less than 200$ not sure how to find out if companies are getting new stuff , but that might be your best bet.

Awesome suggestions guys. I'm a bit worried about how high the desk is. I love to lean back in my chair and play me games.

Build your own for under $100?

I built my own after going desk shopping... nothing seemed any good under $400 and even Craigslist was terrible.

The only thing I saw that I owuld have paid for was a "tech station" from staples (I can not find it on their website) it had a full width keyboard tray.

Unfortunately is was typical cheap desk quality and I was looking for something that could hold a CRT.

I always thought about building my own, but unfortunately, I don't have the time, nor the tools to do so at this time. Definitely a project for the future.

I saw a few desks on craigslist, pretty cheap too. The main thing with my desk at the moment is that the keyboard tray is wearing out bad (the tracks). And it kinda hangs down far at my end, allowing me to lean back a bit in the chair.

Back