• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer bites

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

When you cut yourself while working on a system, what do you do?

• I seek immediate medical attension

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I wait until it clots, then continue working

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • I get my mommy to kiss it better.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I just drip in the case

Votes: 48 45.7%

• Total voters
I have a bruise and a cut from when I pounded on my keyboard.

It was after I'd failed the GTA:VC bank robbery mission for the 5th time. I got really ****ed and pounded the keyboard, and hit the keys in such a way that it tore away the skin on my knuckles.

I just keep working. If it threatens to drip, i lick it off, and keep working.

Since liquid blood does conduct, I don't wanna slow down an rma having it sent back to me (at my expense) to get disinfected and returned again. :D

People really freak around blood, but I guess they have to considering what it can carry these days. Mine's just 30% Coke and the rest is normal healthy blood.

I've had my share of case bites. And being an avid modeler I also have numerous X-Acto wounds.

Most of the time, I just dry off the cut well enough to lay down a strip of cyanocrylate (sp?) glue. Wait 10 seconds for it to dry and then go about my business.

I always cut myself either on the inside of a case by accident or pure stupidity, quite a few times ive looked at the solder joints on top of a graphics card or sound card and though hmm i wonder if they are sharp, so everytime stupid me runs my finger across quite hard then, drip drip drip i just lick it off and carry on working ;)

Wipe on pants and keep working. I've rarely cut myself IN a case. It usually happens when I'm working ON a case in the garage.

But I've had more dangerous hobbies. My short stint in robotics almost cost me my pinky finger. I sliced it while tightening a bolt and I could see the bone for a few seconds before it actually started bleeding.

I've discovered that when that happens, band-aids won't do the job.

Captain Slug said:
Wipe on pants and keep working. I've rarely cut myself IN a case. It usually happens when I'm working ON a case in the garage.

But I've had more dangerous hobbies. My short stint in robotics almost cost me my pinky finger. I sliced it while tightening a bolt and I could see the bone for a few seconds before it actually started bleeding.

I've discovered that when that happens, band-aids won't do the job.

indeed :eek:

This is what the electrical (or better, duct) tape is for.... ;)

Besides, a little blood in the case isn't such a bad thing...if it's so damn hard to remove like all those shows on Court TV say it is, leaving a trace of DNA in the case might help you recover it someday it your rig was ever stolen...:p

j/k

Mr B said:
This is what the electrical (or better, duct) tape is for.... ;)

Besides, a little blood in the case isn't such a bad thing...if it's so damn hard to remove like all those shows on Court TV say it is, leaving a trace of DNA in the case might help you recover it someday it your rig was ever stolen...:p

j/k

*leaves hair in case.......drips blood all over each component*

lol those who voted, i jus drip in the case .. .
barf-smiley.gif

medical attention's for wusses, wash it off and slap a bandaid on it and get back to work. letting it drip all over your mobo's just gross.

Keep working, licking the wound every once in a while to remove any pooling blood. Yeah, I guess I am pretty clumsy. It's amazing how many things you can injure yourself on. Especially scraping your hand across the back of a pci card or something. That can really dig into you. Pin headers and fans will always be my enemy though. Then again, there is always pinching fingers between cdroms, or other hardware when installing it.

i once injured by the side casing plate

the plate fall onto my toe and there was a lot of blood came out
I was first very scared but after I clean it up and put some medicine on it , i continue ...

that was the first time I felt that my computer will harm me :(

Last edited:
When wounded, I always let Mommy kiss it and make it better...
Good opportunity to enjoy some cookies and milk before continuing... :D

Wait for the blood to stop it's spurting, and then continue :)

Actually... The only time I've ever managed to cut myself very bad was when I was moving around one of my cases which I had lost the side too. I'd allways heard of people cutting themselves pretty bad on sharp cases, but nothing could have prepared me for this.... I picked up the case by it's edge and it sliced through my middle finger like a knife :eek:

BTW: Nobody beats me on cuts from fans... I once cut my palm (right by the thumb) clean open on a housefan, and even though the cut was about 1/4" deep, blood NEVER came out... Freakish...

JigPu

amazing; the same # of people that wait for the bleeding to stop just let themselves drip :eek:

i wait for it to stop, try not to drip it, but i keep working as much as i can. I once broke the CPU fan on my grandma's computer(on my finger, choped the blade right off nice gash in the thumb) and put a house fan over the open side of the case when it was running so i could keep working with out a CPU fan. That was my only real injury, but if taken a few minor nicks from random objects, but no worse than a hangnail other than the thumb in fan)

that's just gross letting it drip on your case...
i think that the people don't actually let it drip on their brand new case, they try to work as much as they can without dripping, and if it drips they wipe it off... (my theory is that the people here are just trying to show off :D ... )

Back