• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer habits you are ashamed of

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

Everyone has a few lets here them....i know myself i am guilty of the following.

1. AOL is on my computer (sigh) parents use it i swear its a free email account that everyone already knows !!! :(

2. Lied to people (at school) about the speed of my computer when we got into a discussion :(

3. I have not 1 but 2 quake 3 arena icons on my quickstart bar..i used to have 3...

4. I've used the power of adobe to manipulate attendance signout sheets when i was in high school....37 excused signouts accoring to my teachers senior year :cool:

come on boys im sure you have some good ones!!

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
Um, I'm on it when I should be doing homework (oh, wait, I'm a CS major, my homework IS on it)...I'm not doing my homework when I'm on it. Yeah, that's the problem there.

Also, I'm on it when it hurts me to be so (I have a really bad migraine right now and it the monitor is really much brighter now than it usually is. I think it's searing my retinas)

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ummm im kinda ashamed my profile isnt truthfull.
i had to lower the mhz to 1958 couse [email protected] was putten me over 50c.i dont like my temps that high.if i wasnt folding i can run it constantly 2ghz. good reason to buy me a H20 rig huh?

well alot arent habits you mentioned.my bad computer habits is my pc addiction .8-12 hours a day usually.hey i dont have to work so why not?

funnyperson1

i am ashamed of telling my friends that i have a PIII instead of a celeron [email protected] because im too lazy to explain to those idiots that its a tualatin and therefore not crap as "everyone" has told him celerons are

Maxvla

funnyperson1 said:
i am ashamed of telling my friends that i have a PIII instead of a celeron [email protected] because im too lazy to explain to those idiots that its a tualatin and therefore not crap as "everyone" has told him celerons are
well at least you have good reasons :)

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
Thelemac said:
Um, I'm on it when I should be doing homework (oh, wait, I'm a CS major, my homework IS on it)...I'm not doing my homework when I'm on it. Yeah, that's the problem there.

How far along are you in CS?

My problem is that I'm on the computer when I should be doing homework too. Unfortunately, most of my CS classes lately have not involved using the computer. At the moment, the only class involving computers is my machine architecture/digital logic lab class in which I have to do a bunch of circuit designs and simulate them.

Also, there's the AOL thing. It really is spiffy for email though. At least I'm not one of those people who has a cable modem, but still uses AOL to use the internet because I don't know any better (my sister logs on via LAN and uses IE within AOL).

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
hey get your folks tha puppet from crank yankers that keeps saying "yeh i got mail!" and have it go off every time they get some.

mabey will break em of the habit?

Maxvla

Re: Re: Computer habits you are ashamed of

Oni said:

Sometimes, when I restart or something . . . . I forget to turn [email protected] back on! Oh, the humanity! All those lost WUs! :eek:
shame shame.
nono.gif

shortcut to [email protected] should be in everyone's computers' startup folder.

DarkArctic

If an icon is selected on my desktop I have to unselect it for some odd reason. I don't seem to like it for one reason or another. Don't ask me why, I just do it. :D

-DarkArctic

Maxvla

DarkArctic said:
If an icon is selected on my desktop I have to unselect it for some odd reason. I don't seem to like it for one reason or another. Don't ask me why, I just do it. :D

-DarkArctic
Bahaha
laugh.gif
... i used to be like that before i got rid of my icons completely.

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
Krusty said:

How far along are you in CS?

My problem is that I'm on the computer when I should be doing homework too. Unfortunately, most of my CS classes lately have not involved using the computer. At the moment, the only class involving computers is my machine architecture/digital logic lab class in which I have to do a bunch of circuit designs and simulate them.

Well..I graduate at the end of the summer. All I have left are CS classes. So I'm well into my college career, but have pretty much just gotten into the CS part of it. :D Took the circuit class last year (and an intro one at another school about four years back). Interesting class, very glad that it's on the curriculum. Also had my core object oriented classes (up to CSIII) and ASM. Currently taking Java, VB, and a "Software Engineering" class (group project for a client) in which I'm working with a group on a web based major/minor forms system. My group is constantly surprised at the hack job that previous gruups did with this...as an example, the database consists of a table with ~430 columns. Might be like two other tables.

So, yeah, almost done. :)

funnyperson1

Maxvla said:

well at least you have good reasons :)

i know, but sometimes i feel it is my responsibility to educate my friends so they dont remain ignorant of computer hardware :eek: ...and then i feel bad for misleading them....and there's the standard "dude, you have a 500mhz oc, stop your computer will die lol"...oh well....i will only concern myself :)