• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer is not responding!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fanaticati

Registered
hey!
i have this cfg:e7500 stock, xfx 4870 (512) stock, 600w 12v+~26A,160gb hdd.....cooler-stock
the card is new installed and i got this issue on first boot!: the cpu temperatures rised to 100 celsius. i pushed the cooler and i resolved it.. but soon got this one: the system got idle.... i restarted it and NOW ITS NOT STARTING,, NO, IT STARTS BUT NOTHING ON DISPLAY :(. please help me!

psionic98

try switching back to the old card and see if you get an image.. better yet, what was your old card.. could be that your PSU isn't up to par.. 26A on the 12v is kinda low.. dual rail psu?

I'd check the old gfx card first.. you could also try the barebones approach.. remove all but 1 ram, unplug all non-necessary componenets from teh PSU (dvd/cd/media card reader etc) and put the new gfx card in and see if you can get back in the system...one would hope the gfx didnt die on you, but you did say you got in one time before this issue so it doesnt seem like that would be the problem.

OP
F

fanaticati

Registered
thanks for replay but everybody says that psu is enough, i tried to switch it on recent hours and it was succesfull, but when my cpu is under load for ex:with gta4 , the temperature gets =core0~95c and core1~86c, then i restarted it and got this on monitor -bios recovery- wtf? have i to flash my bios? i have succesfully installed the cooler but still high temps :( what should i do? i think i dont have to upgrade my psu because i havent oc_ed the cpu...