• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer problem...please help me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey Guys,

My computer refuses to boot. All I get is a black screen, but everything else is on. I have tried changing the graphics card, memory, processor, motherboard, and thats it. I don't know what else to try. My questions is...is there anyway my power supply could have gone out, even though all the peripherals still run?? Could it have stopped giving power to the cpu possibly? Thanks!

-Collin-

Still nothin'. I tried another power supply, same thing. This is weird. Brand new motherboard! Everything else works....mouse lights up, drives, keyboard, fans, lights....wth??? Anyway...more help needed!

-Collin-

If this is a brand new mobo I would suggest. Reading teh manual and make sure all the jumpers are in thier correct locations. It's quiet possiable though that you got a bad mobo. Are there any scratches on it?

NinjaZX6R said:
I have tried changing the graphics card, memory, processor, motherboard

Originally posted by NinjaZX6R I tried another power supply[/B]

Seems like you tried changing everything Except the CPU.

Does it beep? if so, does it beep once, twice....long, short etc.

Re: Re: Computer problem...please help me!

KILLorBE said:

Seems like you tried changing everything Except the CPU.

Psst... The processor is the CPU. ;)

I have to agree with checking the manual. I was putting a computer together for a friend once and didn't read the manual and got everything hooked up and it wouldn't boot, come to find out the mobo wouldn't send power if the cpu fan wasn't attached to the mobo itself.

I've read the manual several times.....but it really doesn't mention the jumpers. It is just weird. Originally, I tried a volt mod on my old A7N8X deluxe, and failed that attempt. The computer wouldn't boot anymore, so I bought this new motherboard (DFI LAN PARTY NFII ULTRA) but I have the same problem. No, it is not the processor. I have tried my tbred and my barton, neither work. Also, there is no beed at startup. Thanks guys....much appreciated. Any more suggestions?

-Collin-

If there's no beep it's most likely your MOBO (I've got 2 MOBO's that'll turn on the fans and such, but neither will beep, and I'm 10000% sure all other components work).

Now I also know why I made the mistake about the CPU, if you look at my first post you'll see that I underlined "motherboard"....I'm not sure why I did that, maybe it was just a feeling (I just got up when I posted that).

OK, well....last resort.....I will take EVERY SINGLE component out, except the ram, processor and video card and law the mobo on my desk....if it does not boot up, I am certain it is the mobo. I can return it for a new one no problem. Thanks guys!

-Collin-

Well, went and exchanged the motherboard and I get the same thing. I am going crazy here. All I have is the motherboard, power supply, some memory and the processor hooked up, and it will still not boot. Do I need to hook up ide drives to get into bios or atleast get it to turn on? Maybe there is something wrong with my monitor.?????

-Collin-

Do you have another PSU to test in it? Are you sure the internal speaker is hooked up? :p

OK, well the problem is fixed....unfortunately, I do not know how!

Yes, the speaker is hooked up. Yes, I tried another monitor. Yes, I used another psu also.

I replaced the motherboard, which did not fix it. I kept trying different things, over and over and over. After I switched the memory around...it booted up. Is it really possible that I had the memory in the wrong slot?!?!? Got an abit nf7-s :):)

Back