• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer survey for Torontonians

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vlovich

Registered
I'm doing a report for school and need some survey info.

Please only participate if you live in Toronto.

If you could tell me how many computers do you regularly use at home. How many hours/day is the cpu idle approximately. How many hours/day is the computer actively used or something like a distributed computing program is run.

Please state the cummulative number of hours; ie if you have two comps and each is idle for 12 hours a day, put that the computers are idle for 24 total hours.

Thanks in advance.

Maximouse

vlovich said:
I'm doing a report for school and need some survey info.

Please only participate if you live in Toronto.

If you could tell me how many computers do you regularly use at home. How many hours/day is the cpu idle approximately. How many hours/day is the computer actively used or something like a distributed computing program is run.

Please state the cummulative number of hours; ie if you have two comps and each is idle for 12 hours a day, put that the computers are idle for 24 total hours.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I have 2 Rigs.

#1 is on about 12 hours for 5 days a week and 24 hours 2 days a week. Its always running something...ie music, tv, internet, games or a combination of all.

#2 runs about 15 hours for 2 days a week and its always running something as the above rig is. The other 5 days a week it is off totally.

Hope this helps
Al

Tebore

I have 2 computers both are on 24/7 well not really i shut them down when i vacuum. I'm kinda on my main comp since 3 pm when i get home from school to 10pm doing work and 1 hour in between for dinner. My secondary comp is used sometimes for music. Both are folding so they aren't really idle. Weekends for both computers are usually idle tho.

Maximouse

Oni said:

Wasn't that included in the amalgamation?

Amalgamation included the following:

City of Toronto
Scarborough
Etobicoke
North York
East York
York

It was supposed to consolidate government and services to save $$$, but the savings have hardly been noticable:(