• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Turns Off During CoD:MW2.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twiggy159

Hello I'm having this issue that is getting quite annoying. I'll be playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 and it'll play just fine. But once I get to a busier part of a battle (Lots of shooting, sparks, explosions, etc). My computer just kicks off. What I believe it to be is my power supply, because my CPU stays around 40-45C when playing. The GPU fan however does tend to kick itself up a little more, but nothing extreme. I can't seem to find a way to give you guys the temps on the GPU, my EVGA Precision monitor used to tell me before I upgraded to Windows 7. Here are the specs for my computer:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz
GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1282-AR GeForce GTX 280 SuperClocked Edition
RAM: OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2
HDD: 250GB WD Hardrive
PSU: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W

Daddyjaxx

100% the PSU. Complete POS. Not average...not mediocre... Blah. I'd change it before the next time it doesn't just shut off but goes pop. I am not exaggerating either. A quality PSU, like Corsair could easily handle that load with a 550w PSU. Maybe even 450w, but that may be pushing it.

You could get 100 replies to this message and 99% of them would be the same. :)

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
100% the PSU. Complete POS. Not average...not mediocre... Blah. I'd change it before the next time it doesn't just shut off but goes pop. I am not exaggerating either. A quality PSU, like Corsair could easily handle that load with a 550w PSU. Maybe even 450w, but that may be pushing it.

You could get 100 replies to this message and 99% of them would be the same. :)

A very big +1 to what he said...

oooh!! new smilies!! :chair::salute::rain::shock:

jmh547

^^^+1

I have only had that problem twice. First time was a bad cd burner... the second was a bad psu.... my money is on the psu this time.