• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

condensation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jagermorder

Registered
Hi, I'm a water cooling newbie and I am thinking about building a water cooling system. I was wondering if you have to worry about water condensation on the water block during use, or if that is only a concern when useing peltiers.

If you're not using a pelt or some other sort of chiller, you don't need to worry about condensation, unless you're in a really humid environment (like the bathroom with the shower running).

thanks savage.

------------------------------------
Abit KT7A T-Bird 1,000 Mhz
Maxtor 7200 20.0 GB
SB Live! Platinum
W2k Pro
GeForce2 GTS 32MB
512 MB SDRAM

SavageHenry said:
If you're not using a pelt or some other sort of chiller, you don't need to worry about condensation, unless you're in a really humid environment (like the bathroom with the shower running).

lol i thought that comment was kinda funny :p

condesation only occurs when the water in the system is below ambient

in normal water cooling systems the water is cooled in a radiator by air, which is at ambient temprature so there is no way the system can get below that temprature.

the overclocker said:
condesation only occurs when the water in the system is below ambient

in normal water cooling systems the water is cooled in a radiator by air, which is at ambient temprature so there is no way the system can get below that temprature.

Ditto!

:D

Bong coolers can get you below ambient but not enough to cause condensation... To get condensation on your board you would have to have that below room temp...

To get condensation, you must be below the dew point, which is dependant on temperture and humidity (and maybe pressure, I forget most of my thermo). The lowest a bong can get you is to the wet bulb temperature, which is usually (maybe always) above the dew point.

You shouldn't get problems...

Using plain normal cooling air/water won't cause the problem...

I use a freezer with all my cooling gear installed...

I get the problem when the Temp. of the coolerhead drops beneath -20 degrees celcius without my peltier...

If you're nervous about condensation you should isolate with foam. (The type used for insolating windows etc.).

Got that tip in this forum, and it works even with frost on the cpu...

Good luck whatever you decide...

Back