• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

conductive material for unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
emericanchaos

I have tried the defroster kit, conductive pen and the conductive grease.

Get the grease it works better than all the rest.

You can get the kit from highspeedpc.com.

Re: emericanchaos

Tmod said:
I have tried the defroster kit, conductive pen and the conductive grease.

Get the grease it works better than all the rest.

You can get the kit from highspeedpc.com.

Can you get the grease at an auto store?
have a brand name or its real use for me?

been use the defroster kit and its a bit of a pain

jay

I have never seen the grease available at a auto parts store, usually you will find it at higher end electronics stores.

Here is the link to the manufacturers website. look toward the bottom and you will see conductive grease.

This stuff makes unlocking a breeze as it doesn't dry and it flows from the end of a needle nice and smooth.

looks interesting....
and you say you fin it easier to use than the silver pen?
i am guessing you put some tape over the grease when you are done unlocking the XP so that it stays in place, correct?

jay

You do NOT want to put tape over it as the grease does not dry and it will smear.

I have removed and replaced my heatsink several times and never disturbed the grease.

I also use the grease included with the highspeedpc.com unlocking kit and love it, works like a charm every single time!

The 1 motherboard that you are talking about in your sig has to be a trusty BX right?
The Processor list should look something like this I'm assuming as well.
P2 (233~300)
P3/P2 if P2 (300~450)
P3 Coppermine
P3 Tulatin

I might be wrong on my processor list as I can't totally remember all the micron revisions but I know that the only .35 micron was the original P2s that ran on 66FSB then came the P2 Katami's that used .25 I believe original p3's also ran on .25 then came the Coppermine that took us down to .18 and Finally came the good old tulatin. Let me know if I'm right I have know.

Shawn

shill82 said:
The 1 motherboard that you are talking about in your sig has to be a trusty BX right?
The Processor list should look something like this I'm assuming as well.
P2 (233~300)
P3/P2 if P2 (300~450)
P3 Coppermine
P3 Tulatin

I might be wrong on my processor list as I can't totally remember all the micron revisions but I know that the only .35 micron was the original P2s that ran on 66FSB then came the P2 Katami's that used .25 I believe original p3's also ran on .25 then came the Coppermine that took us down to .18 and Finally came the good old tulatin. Let me know if I'm right I have know.

Shawn

1st was a P2 333 (66x5) Deschutes @ 105x4, .25 Micron
2nd was a Coppermine-128 633 cBo (66x9.5) @ 105x9.5 air, 112x9.5 H2O, .18 Micron
3rd was a P2 300 (66x4.5) Klamath @ 95x4, .35 Micron
4th and 5th were Coppermine-128's 800(100x8) and 850(100x8.5) cCo's (both were lemons) .18
6th was a P2 350 Deschutes (3.5x100) and its FULLY UNLOCKED .25
7th was a Coppermine-128 900 cDo (100x9) @ 138x9 .18
8th is a Tualatin 1.1 (11x100) @ 129x11 today(working on something), .13micron

pretty close to being right on....
and yes its all on a BX board, Abit BF6.
And all CPUs are in current working state :D

Back