• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connecting L1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

penetrecion

I have a Pally 2000+ and would like to connect the L1 bridges... but my first attempt apparently failed, since I can't drop my multi, I used the pencil trick. I am not even sure I did it right to begin with...

I didn't make it to the store in time to get some paint (maybe 2morrow) and I was hoping to at least see how the chip would do 2nite.

What exactly am I supposed to do with the pencil to connect the bridges?

Thanks ahead of time

altec

polka dot ninja
I dont think that the pencil trick even works with anything that was made after the Duron. Also if I am not mistaken, with the Pally's all you have to connect is the 5th L3 bridge. You can get some super glue to fill the gap, go to an autoparts store, get some window defogger paint, and then use it to bridge the gap that you filled with the super glue.

OC Detective

altec said:
I dont think that the pencil trick even works with anything that was made after the Duron. Also if I am not mistaken, with the Pally's all you have to connect is the 5th L3 bridge. You can get some super glue to fill the gap, go to an autoparts store, get some window defogger paint, and then use it to bridge the gap that you filled with the super glue.
Partially correct, a pencil will not work but defogger will. However he does have to connect all the L1's as they are all open. You will also have to fill the pit between the bridges before using the defogger.

altec

polka dot ninja
When I did my 2200 Pally, all I had to fill was the 5th L3...is tere a difference between this chip and the 2000?

altec

polka dot ninja
Im not trying to find a flaw in something you are saying, I am just curious.

If the tbred A's had the same bridge layout as the t'bred B's then why did I have to connect the 5th L3 at all, don't they come factory unlocked?

OC Detective

Thats because your Tbred A was an XP2200 with a multi of 13.5 hence the 8x bit was set to high (to set to high requires the last L3 to be open) - to get the lower multis (below 12.5) needs the last L3 closed in order to set the 8x bit to low. Thats why XP1700 or XP1800 Tbreds dont need the last L3 closed - it is already closed (and the 8x bit is set to low giving access to at least the multis 12.5 and below).

Last edited:

altec

polka dot ninja
Ahhhhhh, well thank you for correcting me, I will make sure not to make the same mistake again. At least now I understand a little better. :D ;)

OP
penetrecion

penetrecion

I will attempt this procedure tomorrow...

Currently I have the chip running at 143 FSB with 1.85 vcore (max the board will do in bios)... would like to get my FSB up to 166 at least and needed to drop multi to do so.

Thanks again!

OP
penetrecion

penetrecion

Yeah, mine is a AGOIA 0209...

I had vcore at 1.775 at 140 FSB but the pc wouldn't load windows at any higher FSB without me boosting vcore all the way up... I was bummed! I thought, cool I still have a low vcore and I am already up to 140... maybe I can hit 160+ with 1.85... nope.

Haven't pushed further yet... checking stabilty... now idle at 43°c.

OP
penetrecion

penetrecion

Well, I got the L1s bridged but now she only wants to run at 11x... have it set on 12 in bios but it is still 11.

Also if I put it lower than 11 the pc won't boot... any ideas?