• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connecting PC to sound bar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J0ker

Registered
I want to connect my PC to a sound bar, and I'm trying to figure out how to do so and get the best audio quality.

From what I've seen it would be USB to a DAC and then optical to the sound bar. Need some input on this though. Thanks !

Here's the sound bar I would get

Ive got one of those! (Cinema 1200).

I would just SPDIF out to the bar and let the bar do the processing?

Ive got one of those! (Cinema 1200).

I would just SPDIF out to the bar and let the bar do the processing?
Would having an external sound card make any difference in terms of quality? Rather than just running the optical from the motherboard?

Would having an external sound card make any difference in terms of quality? Rather than just running the optical from the motherboard?
I dont think so(?). The processing is coming from the soundbar... not sure what a sound card would do since it gets processed again?

I dont think so(?). The processing is coming from the soundbar... not sure what a sound card would do since it gets processed again?
That makes sense, I always thought having a sperate sound card helped with interference

No. It is all digital to that point, so it won't matter.

Back