• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connecting problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaptnBackfire87

Ok well i just got a new dsl modem(the old one went dead). Well ok so i am trying to connect.... oh yeah by the way this is sbc yahoo dsl.... and the modem has 4 lights power, ethernet, dsl, activity. The power, ethernet, dsl are all on and are steadily on, the activity is not on and i know most the time it shouldn't be. Well anyway i have the phone line splitters that let me be online and still use the phone plugged in on all the phones. But whenever i try to connect i get errors that say the phone line is busy, and or the remote computer did not respond. I have talked to SBC Customer service and they said they would run some tests, but there might be billing charges if the problem is on my side. So i was just wondering if anyone could help me out, so i could get it fixed before i talk to em again... and hopefully get off free of charge. Thanks for the help, i know this post is kind of choppy but please try and help

I HATE DIAL UP:rolleyes:

aslong as the DSL light stays solid its not a line problem. what pppoe software are you using?

How about trying to create a new connection? I have Verizon DSL, and I had a similar problem once too. I have XP Pro, not sure what software you are using? Anyway, in XP Pro, I went to
Start ---->Control Panel---->Network Connections---->Create A New Connection----->and follow the Connection Wizard.
Then I disabled the old connection, which is very easy. You just right click on it and click "disable."
I am not sure if this is your answer, but it might be worth a try.

is that 5100 the bridge or router? i know the 5100 can be both, i wonder if its making a pppoe connection by it self.

I have tried the new connection. NO luck, i think i did that about 50 times on the phone with tech support last night. We tried several things
uninstalling SBC software
deleting dial up connection
making new connection
and none of it was working, so please help!! i miss my broadband

btw, i'm not sure i know its not a router, i suppose its a bridge to the internet:)

Back