• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Console Gaming on PC LCD Monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.


Aug 14, 2002
I hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum; I simply couldn't find help elsewhere. I was just curious if it's possible to have a set up to play PS/2, Gamecube, etc. on your standard PC LCD Monitor?
That would require a TV capture card or a video card with Video-IN. There's no current way to simply convert the signal from RCA or S-Video to RGB Analog. The only devices available for such a conversion are professional level Scan convertors.

Video-In or a TV capture card would require you computer to be running a capture software through which you could siplay your video games. I've done this with a Nintendo 64.