• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Continual Win 10 blue screen during reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Create your own Windows 10 installer using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Since Windows 10 has already been installed on the system and the motherboard ID is registered with Microsoft, it should automatically activate as long as you reinstall the same version of Win 10 that is on the machine, e.g. if it's Pro, stay with Pro. If it's Home, stay with Home.

But could this language issue be because the bios is in Chinese?

If you aren't getting blue screens anymore I see no need for you to tweak RAM voltages.

I don't understand what issue you are having with the ME Update Tool. Is this a utility that comes on the disk that shipped with the motherboard? How do you know that the management engine even needs updating? Are you getting flags in Device Manager? I asked that before and you never responded.

Well, the bios is in English. When I finally went in to update it, it showed up in English. And the license key that I bought was from one of those OEM websites, and unfortunately Win 10 is OEM version.

ME update tool, didn't know it was a tool, it was listed on the ASUS website as an important update along with the bios update, but.. I have not messed with it anymore since getting the bios done and the blue screens gone. So I am not sure if it is important to update it now or not. That was the only reason I asked about it as it was on the ASUS website. I thought I responded to you, sorry.

Doesn't matter if Windows is an OEM version. It should reinstall and automatically activate on the same machine. It's keyed to the motherboard ID. Go into Control Panel and System and check what version, Home or Pro of Windows is installed.

Sounds like the ME Update Tool is just a utility provided by the board manufacturer for updating the management engine if needed. Go to Control Panel and Device Manager and look at the list of all your registered hardware devices. If there are no caution sign symbols or red X's then you are good to go. My understanding is that the only significance of the ME is in relation to security vulnerabilities such as we have seen in the last couple of years with the Meltdown/Spectre scare, etc. I don't think the ME has anything to do with how your hardware runs.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if Windows is an OEM version. It should reinstall and automatically activate on the same machine. It's keyed to the motherboard ID. Go into Control Panel and System and check what version, Home or Pro of Windows is installed.

Sounds like the ME Update Tool is just a utility provided by the board manufacturer for updating the management engine if needed. Go to Control Panel and Device Manager and look at the list of all your registered hardware devices. If there are no caution sign symbols or red X's then you are good to go. My understanding is that the only significance of the ME is in relation to security vulnerabilities such as we have seen in the last couple of years the Meltdown/Spectre scare, etc. I don't think the ME has anything to do with how your hardware runs.

The problem still exists though, I don't want to reinstall all my programs, and especially I don't want to take the hours it took me to put 30 email addresses into Outlook. That is very time consuming to make rules, to connect pst files, etc. That is the most troublesome part of the whole installation. And it is a necessary evil unfortunately. I know I am using the Pro version, that is what I asked them to install and that is what license key I bought. I probably need to contact Microsoft and see if there is a work around as I really do not want to reinstall Win 10.

ME issue, went to look at the device manager, nothing is flagged, so probably I am just going to leave it alone.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Well I think I figured it out, and it was in the dang website that you posted, I just didn't read through the whole thing. And I ended up finding it in the region settings under administration. I was only changing display languages. But I still blame the installer, he could have also told me how to do this.

I think the problem of language is fixed now.

2020-02-10 00_15_54-How to Change System Language in Windows 10.jpg 2020-02-10 00_16_07-How to Change System Language in Windows 10.jpg

I rebooted, it seems it is working. But I need to test it more. I am having problems getting the secondary language to work though after I uninstalled the language pack a few days ago. I don't know what's going on now. Win 10 is finicky.

Last edited:
There is software that will automatically backup and transfer your Outlook emails, settings and account info to an external drive and then back again. No need to do all that manually. Check out FAB's AutoBackup: https://www.fpnet.fr/

I use this product all the time in my business. It works great. You make a lot of things harder on yourself than they need to be.

There is software that will automatically backup and transfer your Outlook emails, settings and account info to an external drive and then back again. No need to do all that manually. Check out FAB's AutoBackup: https://www.fpnet.fr/

I use this product all the time in my business. It works great. You make a lot of things harder on yourself than they need to be.

I am just not aware of a lot of these programs, that is why I love this forum so much. I find things and share, and you guys find things and share, such a great community here! :clap::clap::clap::attn::attn:

But have a question, FPNET backs up settings? Mail I can transfer, what I cannot transfer is pop3/imap and rules settings, will it do it also?

I may not need to reinstall Win 10 afterall, as it seems a lot of the problems have been fixed after finding them in settings, a few things are still hanging around in Chinese, but I think some of it is working. I will know more the next time when and if I have a blue screen.

Your confusing the web address with the name of the software. The app is called FAB's Backup Pro. As far as I know, it backs up everything in Outlook as far as settings go. It should backup any settings to programs that live on the hard drive. It remembers what folders things were in and puts them back where they were. To get for sure answers to your questions, contact the company. They are very responsive. Glad to hear most of your problems are getting ironed out. FAB Backup would be a nice tool to have in your box for next time. The only thing to realize is that it restores data and settings but not the applications themselves. I need to be clear about that.

Your confusing the web address with the name of the software. The app is called FAB's Backup Pro. As far as I know, it backs up everything in Outlook as far as settings go. It should backup any settings to programs that live on the hard drive. It remembers what folders things were in and puts them back where they were. To get for sure answers to your questions, contact the company. They are very responsive. Glad to hear most of your problems are getting ironed out. FAB Backup would be a nice tool to have in your box for next time. The only thing to realize is that it restores data and settings but not the applications themselves. I need to be clear about that.

So basically after using FAB Backup Pro and reinstalling Windows, I had better redownload and reinstall all software I was using on the prior install before I run FAB Backup Pro on the new install, otherwise it would be quite useless and may end up causing more problems, correct?

Whether you run FAB on the new system before or after reinstalling the apps may depend the app and where it stores it's settings. That's a good question to ask the company who produces the product. I have only used it to restore settings and data on the target machine before reinstalling all apps. But I have to admit, I haven't used it yet on a machine with the MS Office version of Outlook. My sense is that FAB restores program folders just as they were on the original machine, even if the app isn't yet installed.

Back