• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Controlling Pumps based off GPU temps and fan breakout box.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLambeth87

Hey Guys,
I am curious how to have my system automatically control the pump speed of my GPU loop? I am running a dual loop system and will have the GPUs on their own loop. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Also side question, what is the best fan breakout box to use to run all my fans at the same speed? I've been looking at a few but curious which is the best. Thanks!

Josh

Sorry for the multiple posts. It said it wasn't posting and was giving a database error.

ADMINS please delete the other two posts. Thanks.

Josh

If your ek d5 has the pwm pigtail, you should be able to plug into a pwm fan header on your board and control through software. I tried it but prefer constant speed pump and variable fan speed. I'd suggest a stair step type profile for the pump as opposed to a curve. I found pump speed varied to much for my taste when using a temp/speed curve.

I felt it was easier to run the pumps at a constant speed and control my fans through software. This way the GPU's are always feed fresh water (it's not sitting there to long and getting hot) and turn the fans up for additional cooling.
I know you want this all done auto. I'm not sure how with a D5 pump ( I own 6 ). I have done it with a home made MODDED H50.
OOOHHH and by the way I love DELTA FANS.. You need to speak up, I can't hear you :)

Advice someone gave me. Open a DOS prompt and type DELTREEWINDOWS and hit enter :)

I'd leave the pump speed static. Adjust the fans as that is what makes more difference (assuming flow rate is already where it needs to be ~ 1-1.5 GPM).

I'd leave the pump speed static. Adjust the fans as that is what makes more difference (assuming flow rate is already where it needs to be ~ 1-1.5 GPM).
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll sell my current fans and pickup PWM fans along with a controller for them.

Thanks again.

What fan headers are you all using to control all the fans at the same time. I've seen a few but not sure which is the best. Thanks.

Depends on your motherboard and fans honestly. Some motherboards have plenty of headers with enough power to piggy back fans. But in your case, a fan controller may be best since there are so many fans. We are talking typical, not Steel I-beams and gobs of rads and fans. :)

Advice someone gave me. Open a DOS prompt and type DELTREEWINDOWS and hit enter
Do you know what that command does?????? What in the world does it have to do with this guy's thread???????!

Depends on your motherboard and fans honestly. Some motherboards have plenty of headers with enough power to piggy back fans. But in your case, a fan controller may be best since there are so many fans. We are talking typical, not Steel I-beams and gobs of rads and fans. :)

Do you know what that command does?????? What in the world does it have to do with this guy's thread???????!
Haha yeah... there will be a good amount of fans and I want the breakout box because I only want to have to run 1 fan cable from the motherboard side to the radiator side of the desk then breakout from there to all the fans.

I agree with everyone here that I would just leave the pump at a static rate as long as the flow is running efficiently as ED said and as for fans, you could do the same with the fans and get used to the audibles. If you want to set a curve for the fans, you can do that and find a sweet spot for them.

When it comes to controllers, well that all depends on your budget. If your budge is pretty open, I would look no further then to a Aquaero 6 XT OR a Aquaero 6 LT which is the cheaper version since all it's missing is a display for almost half the price. This will control literally your whole loop if you'd like and if said components like the pumps are compatible with it. If they are the EK D5 G2 (Gen2), that will work with the AQ6 PWM headers. You can pick either PWM or voltage control for each of the 4 headers at a 30w max output. You can even add water temp probes to each loop and allow your fans/pumps adjust to each of their own curves to the way you'd like it. I do this with my fans and RGB LEDs as it works really well.

I agree with everyone here that I would just leave the pump at a static rate as long as the flow is running efficiently as ED said and as for fans, you could do the same with the fans and get used to the audibles. If you want to set a curve for the fans, you can do that and find a sweet spot for them.

When it comes to controllers, well that all depends on your budget. If your budge is pretty open, I would look no further then to a Aquaero 6 XT OR a Aquaero 6 LT which is the cheaper version since all it's missing is a display for almost half the price. This will control literally your whole loop if you'd like and if said components like the pumps are compatible with it. If they are the EK D5 G2 (Gen2), that will work with the AQ6 PWM headers. You can pick either PWM or voltage control for each of the 4 headers at a 30w max output. You can even add water temp probes to each loop and allow your fans/pumps adjust to each of their own curves to the way you'd like it. I do this with my fans and RGB LEDs as it works really well.
Thanks GTXJack!

Back