• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

converting GeForce 2 GTS into Quadro / Quadro 2 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starfire_MK2

Just wondering if anyone out there has performed this mod, and if it's worth the hassle of doing it. The procedure seems straight-forward enough, but I'm not sure what kind of boost or enhencement I'll get from this

Monaco

I did the solder-your-card Quadro mod, and the hack-your-drivers Quadro mod on my old GTS.

Using either method, net performance gain: zero.

The card behaved exactly as it did before, in every single test I could think to throw at it. And I know I did it right- I had to reinstall my card afterwards, and it was detected as a Quadro by Windows.

IMHO, don't bother with this mod. Lots of risk, and no gain whatsoever. You really don't need hardware accelerated AA lines, etc in today 1.5Ghz+ computers- there's already plenty of horsepower. All the Quadro 'benifits' are in 2D, anyway, if my brain is working.

On the other hand, it was pretty cool turning a $140 card into a $500 card :D

OC-Master

The GTS to Quadro mod is definately not worth the risk or value. In most cases, turning your GTS to Quadro will result in lower over all FPS in your favorite games!

OC-Master