• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cool your CPU using and Engine? We need your input.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you have cheap ATX systems.
I dunno. CD has as much tied up in RAM in just two rigs as I have in the total rigs in my living room (3), and that's a total of 18 cores, 40 GB of RAM, almost 9 TB of storage, and decent cases. Not to mention graphics cards, etc.. LOL

when you add in the asus extreme whatever they are motherboards, 2 ufo cases, four pro duo cards, water cooling systems, power supplies, cable kits, drives and whatknots, I actually have about as much into having the place rewired to run them as I have in one of the boxes, this computering hobby is starting to take a bite out of my whiskey and cigarette budget.

I dunno. CD has as much tied up in RAM in just two rigs as I have in the total rigs in my living room (3), and that's a total of 18 cores, 40 GB of RAM, almost 9 TB of storage, and decent cases. Not to mention graphics cards, etc.. LOL

Did you look at the links?, its $1,350 for a 2011 CPU card, and you still need a 2-300$ backplane.
Then add all the other parts, keep in mind most PICMG CPU cards have little to nothing on board like a ATX board dose.
I have nearly $450 in my h110 chipset card and backplane alone.

I priced out pretty much all of my active benching hardware.
Roughly 20K, and I think that's light.

How very interesting to try and implement a Cryocooler. Reverse Brayton cycle refrigerators. Neat stuff.

Spent on HW? Let's not go there. lol.

Back