• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolbits overclocking settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marvin00

I have used the coolbits hack to allow overclocking on my
ASUS V8420TD GEFORCE4 TI4200 DDR, 128MB DDR WITH TV-OUT,DVI.

I can turn the core clock frequency to 315 MHz.
however it will only allow me to increase the memory clock frequency to a maximum of 560 MHz before the slider maxes out on the right hand side when I am using the advanced setting of the display properties.

The picture at the bottom of this webpage shows the slider set at
640 MHz with some room still left to go higher.

http://www.hardocp.com/articleprint.html?article_id=331

CoolBits"=dword:00000003 has been properly installed in the registry.

I am using the 40.72 detonator drivers.

Is there something I am missing or why can I not overclock any higher than 560 MHz?

Thanks for any help.

Marvin.

OP
M

Marvin00

The Asus specs show the memory clock speed at 550 MHz.

Are the default values of the card stored somewhere so I can check them?

When you click on restore defaults....where does it get these default values from?

Marvin.

ronin1967

First, make sure your sliders are maxed out (all the way to the right) in Coolbits.

Open up the Registry Editor(start/run/regedit), and hit F3(Find/Find Next). Type "Bart" (without the quotes) into the search box, and press Find Next. Keep hitting F3 till you see a list of Simpsons names(Bart, Homer, Krusty, Marge)

You should now be looking at the infamous "Simpson" keys. Right below "Bart", you should see a key named "Krusty". If not, you need to do a search for it, also. Just right click on "Bart", choose Modify, and change the number to read the same as the "Krusty" DWORD value. That's it. Your extra 25% overclock values should now show up in your driver settings. That's it.