• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler compatible with MA790XT-UD4P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

I have the above motherboard and have just purchased a Zalman CNPS10x quiet fan.

Unfortunately the fan didnt fit for two reasons:

1. It totally obscured two of the RAM sockets - and I use 4 modules.
2. It was just too big to fit in my case - Coolermaster Elite 330.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a fan that would fit?

OP
gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk

Will take some photos tomorrow when it's fitted :)

I managed to get the 10x in the case with just 2 RAM modules fitted, and is running nicely, so I am going to keep it as a spare rather than return it and pay shipping etc :)

OP
gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk

Arrived today - all fitted - nice and easy.

Have my other RAM modules back in so back to 8GB - no overclocking yet.

Excuse my messy cabling, next job is to tidy it all up.

CNPS10x Quiet fitted with only two sticks of 2GB Corsair:
IMG_0164.jpg

Close up on CNPS10x Quiet:
IMG_0167.jpg

CNPS9900 NT fitted and 4x2GB Corsair sticks fitted:
IMG_0170.jpg

Powered up - showing the mish mash of colours in the case - Blue front fan, Red fan on GPU and now Green on CPU - glad it's all hidden away!
IMG_0171.jpg

Close up of the Z-Machine GV1000 fitted to my Gigabyte HD4870:
IMG_0168.jpg

muddocktor

Retired
Thanks for the pics.

You couldn't mount the CNPS10x vertically like the CNPS9900? Did it have clearance problems with the psu or is it due to the mounting system only letting it mount in a horizontal fashion on your board?

OP
gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk

It was due to the mounting - its an AMD, so uses the AMD spring mount which runs between the heat pipes - the two coolers have their pipes at 90degrees to each other. If you see what I mean?

Rat2000

I have the exat sam motherbaord and same ram(only that 4gb) and i am llooking for a cooling to.

Can you tell me pls if that zalman is eny good? mayby post some temp result so i can make a general idea.
Thnx and sory for bumping on an older topic but i realy want to know.

OP
gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk

I have CPU oc'd to 3.6GHz - and undervolted to 1.375v - am getting an average working temp of 40c with fans set to fairly quiet.

If fan is on 100%, then idle is 27c and max prime95 temp is 51c

Thats with antec Formula 5 silver TIM.

I have had a few teething problems with the RAM, but think I have cracked it.
In the BIOS settings I have the following setup:

1333Mhz
6-6-6-15-1T-4T-90ns-90ns-90ns-90ns-8t-4t-11t-4t and voltage 1.75v

You may be able to get them running at 1600MHz but mine were never 100% stable, could be because I have 4 modules though.

Hope that helps - let me know how you get on :)

robert74567

Registered
glad you got it resolved...i just wanted to say that i just got the same board and love it so far..setting up raid was so ****ing simple, it was actually a bit alarming...lol

Rat2000

Thnakyou very much for the replay.

With the CNPS10x if u would have turned 90 degrees with the fan facing the ram, wouldn't have fit then???

OP
gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk

Yes it would, but it's impossible to do that unless you modify the actual clamp on the motherboard.

The heatpipes on the two coolers are at 90 degrees to each other, and the mount runs through the heatpipes.