• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler included in Intel Core i5-7400 package?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm if a stock HSF is included when purchasing a Intel Core i5-7400 retail package from Newegg? I'm building a system for a friend and I want to make sure to order everything in one shot rather than finding out there's no cooler in the package. :sly:

XRogerX

you can normally tell by the box if its a thin box then there no Cooler, if its a thick square box then theres a cooler

Edit

Thanks Nebulous ,i didn't know that ty for correcting me

OP
sup3rcarrx8

sup3rcarrx8

Thanks for the confirmation guys. Any advice on a cheap yet somewhat quiet cooler or should I just purchase a standard Intel cooler off eBay for $10?

mackerel

As far as I'm aware, it is only -K CPUs that don't come with a cooler. Other retail ones still do. My i3-6100 did.

Rainwater

My friends brother got the i5 6400 and it came with a cooler. I'm about 80 percent positive that cpu will come with a cooler.

Yes just did a 2.376 second search that yielded a confirmation.

trents

As far as I'm aware, it is only -K CPUs that don't come with a cooler. Other retail ones still do. My i3-6100 did.

This. The reasoning being that Intel realizes people buying a k chip will most likely use after market cooling anyway.