• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master 334 for a cheap, non-flashy case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freezer7Pro

So I've been looking to replace my 12-year-old Compaq Deskpro case (which I love, but it can't keep up with the heat disposal) for a little while now, and the CM334 has caught my eye. It looks to be a bit better ventilated (more than a single 92mm fan at the back, heh), but still sufficiently well built, especially for the price of 39€.

Do you think this would make a good case for a standard half-year-old gaming computer? Are there better cases for the money, and if so, would they be available from my webshop?

Thanks.

jeckulz

Registered
Have a look at the Coolermaster Storm Scout, allot better than the CM-334

Or if you havent just crashed into the money tree, have a look at Antec 300.

Loads of ventilation potential, plenty of bay space, roomy and a 140mm fan on the top.
A great heat killer.

OP
Freezer7Pro

Freezer7Pro

Have a look at the Coolermaster Storm Scout, allot better than the CM-334

That case is three times my budget.

Or if you havent just crashed into the money tree, have a look at Antec 300.

Loads of ventilation potential, plenty of bay space, roomy and a 140mm fan on the top.
A great heat killer.

A mate of mine has that case, and after barely a year, the top fan decided to crap out. It's also a little more than I'd like to spend, I'm a real cheapskate when it comes to cases. That's why I've had the same one for 12 years ;)

jeckulz

Registered
That case is three times my budget.

A mate of mine has that case, and after barely a year, the top fan decided to crap out. It's also a little more than I'd like to spend, I'm a real cheapskate when it comes to cases. That's why I've had the same one for 12 years ;)

I'll accept budget as a reason not to buy a case.
But a £10 fan dying within a year (and its highly unlikely to be a common complaint- Ive read MANY reviews on this case) is hardly cause to leave it.
It has extremely good airflow scores for its price (out performs more expensive cases too) and it includes 2 exhaust fans!!!
To be fair, If I had both OEM fans die on me, I still wouldnt be arsed with a quality case at a low price.

If your mate bought an Fiat 500, and in 12 months a tyre went bald would that be a good reason to never buy a Fiat 500?
They havent won 'car of the year' in Europe for nothing y'know!
;)

OP
Freezer7Pro

Freezer7Pro

I'll accept budget as a reason not to buy a case.
But a £10 fan dying within a year (and its highly unlikely to be a common complaint- Ive read MANY reviews on this case) is hardly cause to leave it.
It has extremely good airflow scores for its price (out performs more expensive cases too) and it includes 2 exhaust fans!!!
To be fair, If I had both OEM fans die on me, I still wouldnt be arsed with a quality case at a low price.

If your mate bought an Fiat 500, and in 12 months a tyre went bald would that be a good reason to never buy a Fiat 500?
They havent won 'car of the year' in Europe for nothing y'know!
;)

The problem is that there is one 14cm fan available for purchase in the whole bloody country, and it's 20€. If the stock one goes bad, I'd just have to do without it.