• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It may handle it at default speed, but I would not trust any overclocked CPU to it as it is just a modified socket7 heatsink. I know the Alphas and comparable heatsinks are a bit pricey, but their worth every penny of it.

OK, I don't have any idea why Jeff Evans would say that the CoolerMaster model mentioned would only handle a Celeron 600 at default speed. On CoolerMaster's web site this is listed as a Socket A, Socket 7, and Socket 370, <<<<< CELERONS !!!!. This cooler can handle a AMD Tbird at 1200mhz and keep it cool, but for some reason Jeff feels it will not keep a Celeron cool. I know for a fact that the Celeron will run cooler, even overclocked to 1000mhz. The CoolerMaster will do the job just fine. I don't like to question people when they give good responses, but Jeff whats up with this? Are you a salesman for a company that does not sell CoolerMaster, or maybe CoolerMaster just doesn't make enough profit for you to sell them. Whatever the case, the recommendation to this person that the DP5-6H51 would not keep an Overclocked Celeron cool is just dead WRONG!!!

kn7671 (Dec 28, 2000 06:16 a.m.):
OK, I don't have any idea why Jeff Evans would say that the CoolerMaster model mentioned would only handle a Celeron 600 at default speed. On CoolerMaster's web site this is listed as a Socket A, Socket 7, and Socket 370, <<<<< CELERONS !!!!. This cooler can handle a AMD Tbird at 1200mhz and keep it cool, but for some reason Jeff feels it will not keep a Celeron cool. I know for a fact that the Celeron will run cooler, even overclocked to 1000mhz. The CoolerMaster will do the job just fine. I don't like to question people when they give good responses, but Jeff whats up with this? Are you a salesman for a company that does not sell CoolerMaster, or maybe CoolerMaster just doesn't make enough profit for you to sell them. Whatever the case, the recommendation to this person that the DP5-6H51 would not keep an Overclocked Celeron cool is just dead WRONG!!!
If you read my response carefully it says it may handle it a default speed. And the I would not trust it to an overclocked CPU. I am picky about my cooling, that is what inevitably drove me to water cooling. I have an older version of this heatsink on a k6-2 300 the only difference being that it is anodized black and has a different clip. I found it inadequate to cool a k6-2 300 @ 350 with good case cooling. Why would I trust it to something more potent? When I put another heatsink on (GlobalWin CPM-32) I was able to push the CPU to 400. And eventually after lapping the GlobalWin it went to a very surprising 450. I'm not on any heatsink companies payroll, and you suggesting such hurts my feelings. I just call them as I see 'em. And I said I would not trust and OCed CPU to it. He asked for opinions and I gave mine. I'm sorry if my opinion offends you, but he asked for it and as an expirienced OCer I felt obligated to give it. Maybe I should avoid any posts made by you from now on since you do not appreciate my opinions. . . . . . .

The Master (Dec 28, 2000 09:18 a.m.):
Aw, jeff...
Are you going to cry now?... :)
No . . . .
But I'm awfully tempted to wipe that $#IT eatin grin off the end of your post ;)

Back