• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COOLERMASTER CH5-5K11 Super Copper Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bergie007

Is the above mentioned HSF combo any good? Here in sunny South Africa, peltiers are unaffordable and due to $ to ZAR exchange, importing anything is out of the question. Limited succes with water cooling due to lack of copper/aluminium blocks so my only choice is a stock OEM HSF. I am thinking of it for my new TB700 on ASUS A7V133. Ambient temps ave at 30 - 40 degrees celcius.
Any help appreciated
Andre

dimmreaper

Vantec make a new ulgy mofo SocketA heatsink, think www.pcnut.com has some. I myself like Alpha's, check for availability in RSA. I've read that the CH5-5K11, is nothing special, with barely above average cooling. Hope this helps =)

Colin

Arctic Silver Senior
Make an adapter out of sheet metal to use an 80 mm fan on your heatsink. If you are short on materials, there is enough aluminum in a 24 oz beer can to do the job.