• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Heatpipe or Thermalright AX-7???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys and gals,

I'm thinking about getting a new heatsink for my Celeron 1 GHz Tualatin @ 1,5 GHz, which puts out about 60W! It has the IHS(copper plate instaled by Intel to protect the fragile CPU-core) still in place.
Sou what would you get, the Thermalright AX-7 or the Coolermaster HHC-001 haetpipe heatsink???
I cannot decide which one to get.
BTW, I already have the Delta 80x80x38mm SHE fan with 68CFM, which would fit the Thermalright AX-7, and I already have the Delta 60x60x38mm SHE fan with 43 CFM, which would be perfect for the Coolermaster heatpipe!

So, please give me an advice!

Regards

Ingo

bongo

I'd Go with Siftech!
I think there HSf are built better, and with alotta [email protected]@@!!
Well all depends if u got the cash. I think its $50 for the Heatsink alone.
Here's a link to the link .

If you have that 80mm delta then, this would give you the best air cooling solution.
Have one myself and am very happy with temps.
I got a Amd Athlon 1600+ (1.4Mhz) OCed to 1.702 MHz.
Its idle temps is 28 C and full load is 38 C.

note!*Tight wiring and Good ventilation in case absoulutly neccessary to get these temps!

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
well if you took the pipes off the heatpipe, and filled the holes, it would perform the same... because of the curv of the pipes the heat isnt trancefered very well,

get an ax-7 and stick a quiet 80mm fan on it and youll be set without a headache

Lou Natic

AX-7

It has the same if not better performance (depending on fan) of the Swiftech MC-462 at half the price. Plus it's considerably easier to install and take off, no need to completely disassemble the computer to install like the MC-462. Not to meantion it just looks alot more cool than the Swifty.

Swiftech should consider dropping their prices on current and future HS models, since there are already a few new HSFs on the market that give as good or better performance for 1/2 the price and less. It doesn't matter how good they're built, if they're not competitively priced they'll sit on the shelves collecting dust while the AX-7 and others can't even be kept in stock.

OP
Celemine1Gig

Celemine1Gig

At first thank you!
I think I'll go with th AX-7, as most of you suggested. The only thing I'm worried about, is the fact that it'll prbably not fit on my Gigabyte GA-6OXET Socket 370 board. But as I already heard from one person here in the forum, that the AX-7 did fit on his Abit ST6 board, I think it should also fit on my board.
BTW, I'll use the mentioned Delta 80x80x38mm fan, but with voltage regulation, so that it runs much quieter, if not all its cooling power is needed.

Thanks a lot again!

Tecumseh

There have been reported problems on some MBs
with clearance with the pipes on the Coolermaster HHC-001.

The AX-7 is the Weltmeister today.

custoswashere

Registered
There was a link I saw a while back that showed a list of motherboards and if they would work with the AX-7 or not. I've looked a couple of times and haven't found it. I looked on Thermalright's site and still couldn't find it. Didn't look that hard though.
I just put my AX-7 on last night and I did have to trim about a 3-4mm square out of one of the corners of the aluminum to make clearance for a cap. THe original Soyo Dragon had this cap right on the corner of the socket while the Dragon Plus doesn't. That list correctly showed that the AX-7 would not fit the Dragon but would fit the Dragon Plus. It was a quick mod and well worth it. Temps were just 36 last night at idle just after installation. I can't wait for the Artic Silver 3 to set. <giddy>

Mike