• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coolermaster R4 case fans opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abarth_1200

Hi guys just about to buy 2 of these for my Antec 300, I have 2 yate loons and they are ok up to about 90% of their full speed they start buzzing and it drives me mad, I have also noticed that the R4's have a really high static pressure, highest Ive seen was on Noctuas and it was about 2mm H2o these are 3.04.

Anyone running these fans, if so what are they like

pwnmachine

I have 4 green LED ones in my coolermaster cosmos S and have to say they are great. They have very high airflow for LED fans and are relatively quiet. There is no annoying buzzing.

donneee

Registered
i'm also wondering about these's fans.

i see many good things about them, but i also heard many bad things about them.
I see it has 3mmH2o+ static pressure (which is great for rads)
but i heard that coolermaster inflate their specs on their products.

but what i see and what i hear is irrelevant.

here's a review and some test results (at the bottom):
http://www.erodov.com/forums/cooler-master-excalibur-fan-review-erodov-exclusive/28996-page3.html

they're supposedly better then GT-1850s but are a little louder. Then again... what's more quiet and can run as good as a gentle typhoon?

they also have honey comb holes on the sides for more "air flow" i guess. this might be good for an exhaust fan or an external intake fan, but it might not do good for WC. not really sure how those honey combs work or make a difference on a radiator, as i can't find a review/test on these fans for a WC/h70/h50/vantage set up.

Last edited:

pwnmachine

I've had 4 running in my Cosmos S for over 7 months with no problems very silent for the the amount of airflow(close to 100cfm). However running with a fan controller is optimal.

wiking63

I am running some R4's (x5 - front, side, bottom, and as push/pull on H50). At first, it was LOUD - but, by cutting the stamped grill guards off the case (back and side where fan is used), it's actually quiet to me. HUGE difference just by cutting out the fan guards on the case. No problems with the fans, they move a lot of air by the way- I will use them again.

donneee

Registered
I am running some R4's (x5 - front, side, bottom, and as push/pull on H50). At first, it was LOUD - but, by cutting the stamped grill guards off the case (back and side where fan is used), it's actually quiet to me. HUGE difference just by cutting out the fan guards on the case. No problems with the fans, they move a lot of air by the way- I will use them again.

how are your temps for your h50? also what kind of "stamped grill guards" do you mean?

m0r7if3r

Member, Water Cooling Sticky Reading Enforcement O
the holes drilled in the case for where fans go, typically they're very restrictive.

wiking63

My H50 keeps things less than 30c (26-29c) - highest temp max 41c w/prime95 test (Phenom2 x4 955 3.20GHz). Very happy w/the fan's and H50.