• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling for 6700k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

All of those coolers are small and will not give you much cooling power. Any of them will be adequate for the 6700k if you will not be overclocking it. None of them will be adequate except for possibly a small amount of overclock.

Is there a reason you have not included larger coolers in your list? Are your funds limited? Do you not have many choices where you live? Is your case (cabinet) too narrow to allow a larger cooler to fit? We need more information to help you. Of the coolers you listed, this one https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/be-quiet--Pure-Rock-Tower-Kuehler_980846.html is the best.

What is the make and model of your case? How wide is it? Can you give us a link to the case?

What is the limit of your budget? How much are you willing to spend on a cooler?

What motherboard are you pairing the 6700k with?

Last edited:
OP
L

lIrenicuSl

All of those coolers are small and will not give you much cooling power. Any of them will be adequate for the 6700k if you will not be overclocking it. None of them will be adequate except for possibly a small amount of overclock.

Is there a reason you have not included larger coolers in your list? Are your funds limited? Do you not have many choices where you live? Is your case (cabinet) too narrow to allow a larger cooler to fit? We need more information to help you. Of the coolers you listed, this one https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/be-quiet--Pure-Rock-Tower-Kuehler_980846.html is the best.

What is the make and model of your case? How wide is it? Can you give us a link to the case?

What is the limit of your budget? How much are you willing to spend on a cooler?

What motherboard are you pairing the 6700k with?

Here is my specyficaiton of PC what i am going to create:

Tower: SHarkoon BW9000-W [white]

MSI z270 TOMAHAWK or MSI z270 GAMING PLUS [ i dont know wich one to choose, i can't big diffrence worth 10$ more, expect fact TOMAHAWK can become white .....]
Intel 7700k
MSI GTX 1080ti GAMING X
16GB G.Skill RipJaws V black DDR4-3000 CL 15

Samsung 850 EVO 256GB
Good Ram Iridum pro 240 GB

about budget limit:
I wanted to hit everything togheter before 1500euros, but:
Sharrkon
Samsung
Good RAM i got already from OLD PC
same with PS'u 600w OCZ, should be enough.

OP
L

lIrenicuSl

Last edited:

trents

I repeat, do you intend to overclock your CPU?

The Sharkoon case you have chosen should have clearance for bigger, taller and much better coolers than you have listed in post #1. If you are going to overclock the CPU you need to get a bigger cooler.

trents

Yes, that should work better. The heat sink weighs 850 gm so it is considerably larger than the others you listed.