• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cooling for AMD T-Bird 1000 pc266 ?'s Whats good & Cheap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
T

TheGhoul

Hi,

I am planning to get a T Bird 1000 pc266. Currently looking at a Super Orb or Volcano II, are these any good ? Which would be the better of the 2. I know the Alpha is another option but I do not want to spend the money on it right now. I plan to overclock but not go crazy, would be happy to get to 1100 or 1150.

Any other alternatives and if I choose one of the 2 which should it be. BTW I have a Global win fop 32 from my PIII700 fc-pga will it fit socket a AMD?

Thanks
The ghoul

I would choose the Volc.2 over the Super Orb (orbs don't have the greatest reputation around here). Check out 2cooltek.com for good hsf deals.

As to your question about the fop32, I know socket A hsf will work on fc-pga's, so your Fop32 could prob go on socket A. Have you tried? If you haven't and plan on trying it be careful! Cores aren't hard to crack.

BTW- I got an alpha 6035 from 2cooltek and a fan for it and it only cost around $30, I wouldn't say that's a lot to spend, even if the hsf is temporary, at least you would have a good hsf on hand if you need it.

Back