• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling System... Power Supply/Heat Issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WHo'SYouRDaDDy?

Need some peoples opinions since I'm pretty sure they'res alot of people in here that know more than me about ov'ing :)
So any feedback to this problem would be appreciated...

System:
Running Windows XP Professional Build 2600
AMD Athon 1133mhz@1266mhz (133x9.5)(4:4:1)
Abit KG7 w/256 Crucial (Micron DDR ram)
Diamondmax 15.3GB HD
Geforce2 GTS 32mb
SB Live! Value
Aopen Power Supply 300watts

I have a Aopen 24inch case with a 120mm Global Win 105cfm fan as a front intake and 2 80mm sunons above my PS as outtakes on the back of the case for heat... On my processor I have a Global Win FOP32 w/38 cfm fan on it... System temp average between 26-27c... and processor idle about 35c and full load ~41c.... this is all at default voltage (1.75)... and 1266mhz.

Now I guess its more electrical than heat... But I can get my comp to post up to 1600mhz!... unfortunetly I can't get windows to post worth ****... the one thing I can do is get it post at 200mhz at 1300mhz bus... and I've tried cranking the voltage up to 1.8v and that didn't do anything to change the situation... My MBM 5 readout says at idle I'm sitting at 5.03... where when im at 1133 I'm sitting at 5.05... so maybe PS is too small?...
I guess I'd like your guys input on a simple question, in this current situation do you think the reason I can't get into windows is because of my power supply, heat, or some other factor I haven't considered....?

Thanks for any help guys!

- WyDster

I've posted this t-bird 1.4 at 1920 however she ain't going to run there. The psu is probably not helping you any as you are pushing it some however as to wether or not it is the reason, can't say for sure. I really do'nt believe so at this time as the vcore has not really been pushed in order to get conclusive data. 1.8v on a 1.75v default core is not alot. It probably would like that just to get more stable at 1266. I do not believe that the 1.1 was all that great an ocer however if it were me I would be looking for around 1.36 (1360). Bring up mobo monitor then run a cpu intensive program (read torture) and check on the 5v while running the program. This will give you the true 5v under stress. At 41c you still have a little room to play with. Bring the voltage (if the mobo will do it) to 1.9v and see if it will move up. KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON TEMPS WHILE DOING THIS. As long as you are below 50c you are alright. This means do not panic at 50c or 51, 52, etc,. I shut down mine at 55c. This just means that you want to run at below 50c. When you do move the voltage up check on the 5v line and see what you are getting. I do not run air cooling so if heat becomes an issue others here would be able to better recommend a good heat sink. Hope this helps and do let us know.

A couple of more things. First, welcome to the forums.

Second, if you will add your system information to your user cp then all will be able to better see your system to help you in the future and you won't get as many calises typing.

Back