• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling the Water or Antifreeze.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xerka

Registered
Well first here is my idea get a water block that has the two barbs coming out the sides so I can put a peltier on either side of the water block. The water block would be inline right after my radiator. On top of each 72w or 80w peltier I am going to put a heatsink. I was looking at Joes list of good heatsinks and I was thinking of getting the Global Win WBK38 because it cools well and is realitively cheap. I was wondering if anyone has tried this method of cooling their water. If you have any suggestion please reply or if anything is unlcear tell me thanks.

Thats what I'm gonna do with my Aquastealth waterblock when my Maze2 gets here. It should work pretty well as a chiller. I'm going to put it inline just before my CPU to chill the water. Then after the CPU it will go to the rad then the the pump then back to the chiller then to the CPU again. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to secure the waterblock peltier HSF sandwich together.

What I am thinking of doing is just sandwhiching the hsf peltier and heatsink with two long screws then pieces of metal on each side. Sort of like a clamp.

Take a quick look under Water Cooling on the front page of OC's, and scroll down to "Big Lar at 1007", there are some pics of how I USED to cool my water, I now have the dorm freezer section, dropped down in the water/anti freeze mix, along with my pump, and can regulate my fluid temp with the thermostat.... My water temp at a setting of 1,( lowest setting), is 30f, and it works great, but you need to insulate everything real well :)

You guys are lucky you still able to use a water kit. Bought a Blizzard a while back and the clip broke off a lug, Now it just sits around while my fan cooled pc runs at a loud hum everything I turn on the power. I was thinking about a swiftech water block but no cash.

Kenshin, if you are interested, emal me, and send me your cooler with the bad lug, and I can repair it for you, for just postage. I weld/ fabricate.. you name it.:)

Kenshin (Apr 21, 2001 03:51 p.m.):
You guys are lucky you still able to use a water kit. Bought a Blizzard a while back and the clip broke off a lug, Now it just sits around while my fan cooled pc runs at a loud hum everything I turn on the power. I was thinking about a swiftech water block but no cash.
Improvise. Make your own CPU clamp. You still have other lugs on that mobo for sure. Do'nt you? You may also modify that clamp to fit the other lugs.

Back