• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolit ALC Domino vs. Scythe Mugen 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sharpsuxx

Registered
I have both of these coolers lying around, I am currently using the Coolit dominoe at 1.35vcore and 1.35vQPI/Dram. Would the Scythe Mugen 2 do better or the Dominoe. I have an extra fan I need to figure out how to use, but I can make either of them push pull if its better.

I would just pull the ALC out but the scythe is so freaking hard to install, if anyone has an i7 with around the same settings let me know. Or if you just have some input let me know. My i7 runs ok right now at around 34 degrees idle 75-79 full load at 3.8 ghz. I am always trying to get 4 ghz out of it though so every little bit helps, my pc crashes sometimes when running Prime95 after 30 or so minutes, but the temps are still fine?

How thoroughly have you read them? It sounds like you've got instability somewhere in your oc...moar voltttss

I have a 920 as well and a scythe mugenII, know that almost every chip will behave just a bit different even in the same conditions. But my temps and voltages are just about identical to yours and that is with just a single scythe fan on the mugenII. No real reason to change if its just for the sake of change. the mugenII is a decent cooler, but I would guess you wont see a single benefit from said change and the mugen is a pain to install.

Back