• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core 17 Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
heya Railgun, those little dips are a normal characteristic of Core_17 as I have seen the mods at the official F@H forums mention a few times.

I also have a similar thing happening on my 7950.

Just run with it and enjoy the ride ;)

Very Nice Cvsi3 !

:clap::clap:
attachment.php
attachment.php
:clap::clap:

I think that just sums it up nicely :D

heya Railgun, those little dips are a normal characteristic of Core_17 as I have seen the mods at the official F@H forums mention a few times.

I also have a similar thing happening on my 7950.

Just run with it and enjoy the ride ;)

Good to know. Thanks for that.

are you guys getting exclusively new units or do you still get old units sometimes

Hiya,

For now they have dumped a big load of the new 8900 WU's as this is their priority.
There are still some 7663 live, but they are running as a lower priority.

For AMD cards, lower end models make better PPD on 7663
...higher end cards like my 7950 make close to 10K more PPD while running 8900

Getting about 100K PPD for my 7970 running the 8900 ones (about 28.5k credit per WU)

I've been watching this for a month and haven't seen any bump in production on my 660Ti. Is this simply not a card that will benefit from the 17's or am I doing something wrong?

Hiya Robert17 :)

Some people seem to have reported a nice little bump in performance on 660Ti cards, perhaps 10k over 7663

Reported PPD for the card are in the 61 - 73k PPD range roughly - going from low end to high end 660Ti's.

Seems some very nice performance for those cards!
Almost as much as my 7950 @ 1,040MHz which pulls in about 79k

Your system appears to be totaling about 33K PPD which is very low. I would suspect you are SMP folding with 8 cores...?

Traditionally NVidia GPU folding had no impact on the CPU, but these new WUs (due to NVidia's architecture it is unavoidable apparently) put quite a heavy CPU load when using NVidia cards. Currently your SMP 8 folding is probably restricting the GPU performance.
Setting your SMP folding cores to 6 could very well give you a Nice improvement in PPD performance.

Let us know how you get on ^^

I'm seeing an additional 20k PPD on the 8900 WUs from my GPU...at least from what's been reported from starting it back up last night.

oop!

I'm in trouble from two camps now then, got both Operant and Railgun on my tail again :shock:

hehe, not going down easily if I can help it! :escape:

Humanoid1
I am curious because I'm in the process of building a new system. It will have a 4770K and two 780s water cooled and overclocked. Of course I will fold on it, and I wonder what PPD I will get on it. Time will tell.

Educated guess would be something around 175k assuming 75k per 780 and 25k for the CPU.

I noticed that your daily average is over 100,000 PPD. Is that achieved solely from the computer you have in your signature?
I am curious because I'm in the process of building a new system. It will have a 4770K and two 780s water cooled and overclocked. Of course I will fold on it, and I wonder what PPD I will get on it. Time will tell.

You are right there.

My CPU (6core 12thread running SMP 10) pulls between 24 - 37k PPD win an avg of 30K on most WU's
My 7950 @ 1,040MHz pulls in 84K PPD. While I am watching TV or videos online that drops to between 65K - 73K depending on website.

I would think Janus67 is probably close to spot on with his estimate for your setup :)
- perhaps a touch more from the 780's maybe, but I've not seen many numbers from those yet.

I'm only getting 6kPPD on my 9800 GTX+ so I could stand for some of this core 17 love and a new card LOL.

My PPD has dropped dramatically, as for some reason, my Titan has dropped to 575 core and 1625 memory. Half of what it's supposed to be set to. No idea what's going on there...so Humanoid...consider this a reprieve for now. :p

What kind of power consumption and temperatures are we talking about on an OC 7970?

What kind of power consumption and temperatures are we talking about on an OC 7970?

anywhere between 250-300w depending on where you clock it and I'd say you'll run into stability issues soon after 85c.

Hey now That is a Really nice surprise for the day!

Thanks for that, this one has been Quite the time coming lol :D

...think I started folding in 2004 back when Points were Really Tough to earn
- 10 to 11 machines folding 24/7 on a Good day would get me 9,600 PPD xD

But it all adds up to making this milestone especially Sweet :clap:

@Railgun
Temporary reprieve noted :salute: - no let up here :comp:
Hope you get that sorted out easily ^^

THAT is one hell of a milestone!

I can see Humanoid, now, Lording it over the minions beneath him:

Congrats on 10 Million, and well done! :beer:

Back