• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core 2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

artboi

Alright guys, I have been reading and studying arduously the guides and suggestions given out by the experts and/or experienced of overclockers.com, so I decided that I had enough knowledge to try and overclock my system.

I am new to this overclocking business, but I managed to go long ways with all the things I've read in the website. My system is comprised of:

MB: MSI G41M-P34
CPU: CORE 2 DUO E7500 WOLFDALE 2.93GHZ (STOCK)
RAM: 2 x 4GB CORSAIR XMS3 1333MHZ
VIDEO: HD 6770 RADEON 1GB GDDR5
CASE: In Win Griffin Mid Tower

I am not using stock HSF, I bought a decent one and so far it keeps my system well below room temperature, and my case helps a lot as well. With this in my system I went ahead and overclocked the CPU and managed to reach 3.7GHZ with it, with the BIOS looking something like this:

CPU FSB: 341mhz x 11 = 3.75Ghz
DRAM FSB: 1091 Mhz (1:1.60 Ratio) 9-9-9-24 Clocks
DRAM V is in auto and it shows 1.535V
NB Voltage is in auto and it shows 1.115V
CPU VTT I raised it to 1.271V
CPU V I raised to 1.332V

The problem I have encountered now is an apparent limit at 3.75Ghz and quite frankly I am reluctant to raise the voltage on the CPU further since this is the first time doing overclocking. I am looking to reach 4.0Ghz, that's my only goal and I will be glad if I can make it happen with my current specs.

Thank you for your patience reading through my thread and thank you in advance for responding to it.

Clock ON! :attn:

To overclock higher, you would need either a G35, P35 or best would be a P45 motherboard as your G41 chipset motherboard is the overclocking factor atm. You've hit its FSB wall.

Vcore for two different cpus on two different mobos. One did happen to be a G41. As you can see cpus can and d0 vary greatly in how good they are for overclocking with reasonable voltages. 3.96Ghz at 1.46 Vcore would be okay by me for a while. I used to take most of the dual core Core2Duo's to about 3600Mhz since they needed far less voltage and the 200 to 400 extra Mhz was just not worth it day in and day out for me with the extra heat and volts.

E7500 @3.96Ghz Vcore:1,46v

E7500:
3,9ghz needs 1,400v
4,0ghz is not stable even at 1,500v

In general with a very good CPU Cooler, it is recommended to stay around 1.45 Vcore or less.

Ah... Thank you guys for your insight, very much appreciated :D.
So I guess it's best to keep it at 3.75ghz, since further increase in volts can possibly kill the cpu quickly right?

Back