• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core/mem voltage...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainMaQer

3D God
Whats the voltage supplied to the core/mem of a gf3 ti200? I know heat is an issue with my ram... I can get to 520 stable but at 525 it freezes on the last test of 3dmark2k1se (looped 2 times). The core will (so far) go to 245 (gonna test higher tonight). But I'm wondering at what point the voltage to the core/mem would need increased and how to do so. Within the next few weeks I'll be building my prototype cooling solution... and heat will no longer be an issue... how far will it go? The ram chips are 3.8ns... Gainward GF3 TI200 Golden Sample. Any ideas or links? Thanks.

Somebody has to know this :D

What about cooling for the mem... should I worry about cooling the back of the card first or the should I go for a fan blowing over the ram and gpu hsf first... and how should these fans be situated?

fans

Can't advise you on voltage except to guess that the gpu is getting about 2 volts.

I'd install a side panel fan blowing fresh air on the card first, then set a fan on the back side of the card. Actually I've been thinking that with a lot of thermal tape I could probably place a hsf on the backside.

I get my 4ns ram to 527 with no artifacts... must have a bit more voltage than you? I can complete 3dmark with 2 loops at 305/535 if the room temp is below 70F.

Re: fans

Arkaine23 said:
Can't advise you on voltage except to guess that the gpu is getting about 2 volts.

I'd install a side panel fan blowing fresh air on the card first, then set a fan on the back side of the card. Actually I've been thinking that with a lot of thermal tape I could probably place a hsf on the backside.

I get my 4ns ram to 527 with no artifacts... must have a bit more voltage than you? I can complete 3dmark with 2 loops at 305/535 if the room temp is below 70F.

D**M bro... thats one heck of an oc... I'm more than sure its heat holding back my mem... the mobo temp is 29... ambient has to be around 27 or 28... I'm just gonna have to do some reorganizing after I get some more plexi glass... I don't have an actual side panel for my case... I don't know where it went... so I just made one out of plexi glass :D Looks good... but a couple fans need to be in different places due to differences between the MSI K7T and the 8KHA+... I'll have to do some digging on the voltages... I really want to know how to increase it if necessary and where it sits by default.

Sandra

It's a long shot, but Sandra can give me info on my card... let me check and see if its got memory voltages. It gives gpu temp but not memory temp, but then this leadtek card has the hardware half of harware-monitoring... too bad they didn't decide to include the hardware-monitoring software for it though.

My ramsinks are cheap radioshack aluminum ones, with AS2 and superglue. I have a generic 80mm side-mounted case fan blowing on the card. Mobo temp is 27 right now.
Here's some Sandra info:

pics

BTW, how do I get a pic to show in the post, rather than just attaching the file?

volt mods

Check xbitlabs.com for mvideo volt mods. Gotta run...

to get an image to work convert it to .jpg, i use the high quality of microsoft paint:)

save the file as .jpg and under 600x600 or something... I usually go for less... hmmm... well... gonna have to rush my cooling here a bit then :rolleyes:

Back