• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

core/mem with 9800pro flashed to XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drydog

Hi All;

I was wondering why I can't seem to get a higher stable rate on my core/mem on my flashed 9800pro to XT.
I have problems with anything higher then 420/370. Here is the rest of my sytem info if it helps anyone.
Thanks
Bill

mobile 2500+ @ 11.5 X 217= 2.5
mem times: 6 3 3 2.5
voltage 1.875

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
Your sig says that you're using a Tt Giant on your card, but do you have any other fans blowing air over the card? You would be very surprised what a big difference a fan mounted in your side panel, blowing over your video card's heatsink and RAM, can make to your overclocks.

If you haven't done so already, adding some RAMsinks will probably get you another 10 MHz or so on your memory, and good airflow will help both your core and RAM a good bit as well.

If you already have RAMsinks on there, and good airflow over your card, you might simply have gotten unlucky, and picked up a poor overclocker.

You may also want to consider strapping a bigger/better heatsink intended for a processor onto your card - setups like the Tt Giant and VGA Silencer are great purchases for the cost/performance, and unintrusive size, but they hold no comparison to a good processor heatsink properly mounted on your card.

OP
drydog

drydog

As far as my current cooling goes. I have 2 X 80 mm front intake fans. I have a 80 in both the side panel as an intake, and a 80 exhaust in the top. I do have a 120 mm and a 92 mm on the way. I am thinking about making the 120 a side intake and the 92 a rear exhaust. I also have a temp sensor that I have placed inside my Giant III. It shows temps of 35 unloaded and rarely gets above 46 loaded.
The Thermalright SP-97 and it's 92 mm fan keep my CPU between 42 to 48. My over all system temps stay in the 35 to 38 range.
Thanks for the feedback

Last edited: