• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core P5 Tempered Glass Edition build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myndlessdayz

After using a Thermaltake Core X9 for 2 years I felt the amount of space it took up was a bit much for me. I wanted to showcase a bit more of my rig and as the X9 was huge but also it only had a single side window. I've been eyeballing the P5 for a while now but I didn't like the fact that it only covered one side it wasn't as appealing to me... Then they introduced the Tempered Glass edition which added a piece on both the front and top (when oriented as anATX case)!

Since it was about time for the yearly teardown( ok I slacked off a bit for an extra 3 months) and cleaning, I felt it was a good time to switch to the P5. Decided I was going to try my hand at a full rigid tube build and removing the Mo-Ra3 from the loop. The Mo-Ra was beastly good but was such a pain if I wanted to move or needed to do some work or maintenance. Imagine having to move both a X9 AND a Mo-Ra3 to do draining and whatever needed to be done... switched it out for a 140x3 Blackice Nemesis Xflow which has so far been more than enough for my 6700k and 980Ti with mild OC. 980 to never breaks 50c while 6700k seems to go up to 75c but it seemed to do that when the Mo-Ra was also in the loop. May consider a delid and a thermal paste replacement.

Although I may reintroduce it into the loop if I can cop myself 2 1080 Ti FTW3 when they release. I'm quite satisfied with the results and with a bit more room around the desk area it doesn't feel so cluttered!

Edit: pics don't seem to be uploading and I'm getting an error on my end. :(

I'll get it up as soon as I can! so sorry everyone!

pics are up. pardon the bad quality, they are on my phone. I hope to have it wall mounted sometime in a couple of weeks though

comp 1.JPG

comp 2.JPG

comp 3.JPG

Attachments

• comp 2.JPG
    comp 2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,245
Last edited:
Very nice! My Project: inFEKshun build uses a different version of the P5, and I chose not to put the acrylic side on. Linky. I love this case.

nice build.
I really like the looks of mine hanging on the wall.
it's a 9590 rig with a water cooled titan that has been retired to storage duty now.
the only three issues I have with it are that the hdd mounted at the extreme edge in the back gets very hot, I have to prop the bottom out from the wall with a piece of 2x4 to get radiator exhaust flow to bench at all and, of course, dust, but, what can you expect of a display case?
I have been able to cool the drive a little by installing a tiny fan that I found at micro center in the back and getting some air moving in the area of the edge drive.

nice build.
I really like the looks of mine hanging on the wall.
it's a 9590 rig with a water cooled titan that has been retired to storage duty now.
the only three issues I have with it are that the hdd mounted at the extreme edge in the back gets very hot, I have to prop the bottom out from the wall with a piece of 2x4 to get radiator exhaust flow to bench at all and, of course, dust, but, what can you expect of a display case?
I have been able to cool the drive a little by installing a tiny fan that I found at micro center in the back and getting some air moving in the area of the edge drive.

That's a good idea for the HdDs to cool and I've not thought about cooling back there. Thanks!

Time for an "small" update. EVGA 1080 Ti's came in this week. Although no waterblocks for them yet here they are in all its glory. These cards are a bit longer than my 980 Ti so I had to move the Res over about 1/4 of an inch.
IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

Back