• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustAli

Registered
Hello guys 2 days later i noticed that my games are running on pretty low fps so i checked temperatures and i saw that 1 core is like 70° and others are around 50 like it should be. Do somebody know what could making that one core so high? I finished pc buid in start of this year and everythink was fine. Iam colling i7 8700k without OC with kraken x72 all fans are on place where they should be so i have no idea what could cause this.

Those temperatures are fine. That cpu will run over 90C without issue. Your problem is with something else.

Please list complete system specifications. What games? What resolution are you gaming at? More info, please. :)

I7 8700k
RTX 2080Ti
Seasonic Focus Plus 1000 Gold
Case define R6
32GM RAM G.Skill
GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X
Fans Corsair LL120
Iam using 144Hz monitor with 2k resolution, and in this case game was GTA V. I donk know if this help but last week my internet browser crashing saying something about space that i dont have enough so i have to refresh it and sometimes it crash again after while.

I have enough storage and my rams are full of 38% but its maybe just something wrong with my chrome because other browsers are ok

In your component list you neglected to specify the frequency of your RAM and you did not list anything about your CPU cooler or storage. More details please.

How full is your system drive?

As ED said, you can't lose your bookmarks when you are using a web browser. But you do have to know your email password to be able to sign into your gmail account in order for them to be retrieved. Once you sign back into your gmail account and consent to "sync" all that stuff will magically reappear.

Oh i didnt know that so iam going do save it and reinstall it. Anyways about my cpu cooler if you mean which iam using its kraken x72, placed on front of case inside it and beeing cooled by three fans. Next three fans are placed on top and one in back. Yesterday also two games crashed for no reason. And my system drive is 120GB and still having like 20GB free storage.

20/120 = 16%. To put it another way, your SSD is 86% full. I've always read that once an SSD gets more than 75% full they start to slow down dramatically. This may also be why you are encountering instability. You need to either get a larger system drive or you need to remove some stuff off the one you have.

I can try to convert system to another 250GB ssd i hope it gonna help.

Let's reason logically. If the processor is very hot, then it does some work. So, you need to look for what the processor is doing at this time.

You have to check the task manager. Are there any background processes there?

Farther. Look at the operation of the Windows Update Center.

Disable antivirus. Has anything changed?

In addition, you need to check the cleanliness inside the system unit of the computer. Also check the thermal grease on the processor, the speed of the processor cooler.

Back