• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoreCenter bug? & Memory settings w/ K7N2 Delta2 Plat board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nemesis02

Registered
Ok, i have the K7N2 Delta2 Platinum board and my first problem, is i installed the MSI Core Center off my CD and it would read my AMD 2100+ as running at 133mhz fsb /w a multiplier of 13x. Then i install the latest version of the Core Center and my multiplier drops to 11x and fsb goes to 158mhz. Whats the problem with that?

2nd problem is how do i set my memory to 400mhz fsb since i have 3 sticks of PC3200? i dont really know what the 1:1, 1:3 ratios are for the frequency. I changed over from the Soyo Dragon 1.0 motherboard which fried on me after reaching 145mhz fsb.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Welcome to O/C :welcome:

1st - The latest MSI corecenter utility i believe is designed to work with the newer boards/cpus. Thus is why the inaccurate reading. I suggest uninstalling it and reinstalling the older version from the mobo's cd.

2nd- Your XP2100+ runs @ 266 MHz (2x133) which is why the mobo automatically slowed down your ram from 400MHz. There should be a setting in the bios for ram frequency to adjust. Example: 133-166-200 or something to this effect. Unless you're able to overclock the cpu by dropping the multplyer ( providing the cpu is unlocked) to 10 from the default 13, then raising the FSB ( ram speed) to 200 which will run the ram at it's native speed PC3200 (DDR400) which will give you an overall speed of 2.0GHz (10x200=2000MHz = 2.0GHz). That is if your particluar cpu can reach this speed. As I remember I would say 92% of the unlocked XP2100+ cpus would reach this speed and beyond with ease, providing of course with good air/water cooling.

Hope this helps. :)

OP
N

Nemesis02

Registered
Thanks lol, i've actually been signed up for a while, just never really posted. But i've gotten my FSB to 140mhz, so 140*2 = 280mhz correct? It's running at 1850mhz i believe, but yeh, my dad wont let me near my CPU so i wont be able to unlock it lol. As for the heating, my thermaltake slim burnt out or something, so my dad got himself the thermaltake volcano 12 and gave me his AMD retailed fan and heatsink. Right now my CPU is running at about 33 degrees C so it's doing pretty well.

The bios for my board does not have say exactly 200mhz for the memory, it has 1:1, 1:2 but i think i got it working cause it set it to By Spd in my bios. Had to do it twice cause the first time i set it didnt work out. Computer wouldnt post and had to reset the cmos. But thats working now.

As for the Core Center utility, thats what i was thinking. However there are some issues with that utility that i think i'm going to uninstall it and use the BIOS to adjust it. Reason i say this is cause i adjusted the FSB to 140, and i 15 minutes later, i look and it's running at 133mhz fsb yet the programs setting is set to 140mhz.

I tried using the nTune program as well, didnt work out, set my fsb to 60mhz FSB O.O rofl. So my AMD 2100+ turned into an 850mhz computer.

Last edited:

martinjon666

Nemesis, A little FYI, you cannot unlock your cpu. they are either how they are or they have some playing room. I would steer against using any program to overclock, do it all strictly through the bios, better results.