• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

correct thermal pad depth dimensions for a Reference edition RX 5700 XT card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

justwondering25

Help please; does anyone know the correct thermal pad depth dimensions for a Reference edition RX 5700 XT card?

Help and advice, I am trying to replace some thermal pads on a RX 5700XT the main issue is, that the past owner has already replaced them, but it is clear they have done a pretty terrible job and I cannot really trust what they have used as been the correct depth, they have not even cut them to the right size to cover each of the memory chips fully...the card works but the temps are way higher than any review temps I have seen.

For the memory they have used 1mm depth and for the chips next to the VRM’s they have used 2mm.

Under normal circumstances, I would just measure the depth of the pad and order some good quality thermal pad material to replace the pads with.

So I am playing a bit of a guessing game, I have watched a few YouTube videos and too my eyes I am guessing they should be 1.5mm but that is a guess.

Please see the Steves Gamersnexus YouTube link below at 6 minutes and 11 seconds you get a pretty good look at the thermal pads.

Help and advice very much appreciated.

I was just about to link the EK water block instructions. I think it would be safe to assume EK would use the same pad thickness as the reference design.

EDIT: If you want to be positive you can always reach out to AMD and EK and see who gives a quicker response.

I was just about to link the EK water block instructions. I think it would be safe to assume EK would use the same pad thickness as the reference design.

EDIT: If you want to be positive you can always reach out to AMD and EK and see who gives a quicker response.

Thank you for your reply, yes that is a great idea, I shall message them both.

I shall check to see if they have a forum too.

Back