• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 600T Case fans.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade7575

Registered
I have an older 600T and I want to upgrade the case fans on top and upfront as well,I know I will need to mod the case to change the front fan to 2 120mm fans.

I'm wanting to start off with 2 120mm fans on the top of the case and also change the rear fan as well I'm looking at the Noctua NF-S12B Redux and I'm also thinking about one for the rear exhaust as well as they are all getting old and I hate the Corsair fans but then again who doesn't.

I'm not real fan tech savvy and from what I understand a fan with less blades like this one is better at moving a lot of air but does not have a lot of static pressure and that supposed to be good for when being used for a case fan.

What I'm wanting to find out is if these fans are good for what I'm wanting to do with them,I also run a Noctua NH-15D and the fans on the CPU cooler point straight at the rear exhaust fan.

When mounting new fans on the Corsair case witch way should they be mounted,so that the way the are looking in the picture in the link that part would be mount facing down so it would pull air threw the case or should be so the air is flowing into the case,I have heard some people debate this and I'm not sure what way to do this for the top fans.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608061

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
Not sure how I missed your first post Wade but regardless, the second Noctua's you listed are great case fans. You'll want to hook them up to a 4 pin header though as they are louder than I generally like my case fans.

Just to correct something in your first post. Higher static pressure does not really have much effect on amount of air flow. High SP is what you are looking for when looking for fans to be mounted on a radiator. That does not mean however that they wont make a good case fan. For a good case fan I generally disregard SP and simply look for the highest CFM or m3/h airflow and/or the lowest dB's depending on your preference.