• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 800D Water Cooling Help/Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would say as long as the temps are within limits at the overclock your happy with why worry about super low delta

if you put the rads on their side ala a tj07 and cut holes out of the panel you could avoid removing the bottom bays.

I am at a loss though, for figuring out the Static Pressure on fans. I am finding two different numbers and have no idea how they relate to each other.

Few Examples:
Aerocool Shark Black Edition 120mm x 25mm High Air Pressure Fan
*RPM: 1500 +-10%
*CFM: 82.6
*Pressure: 1.273 mm-H2O

Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-S3HS 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent Fan
*RPM: 1800 +-10%
*CFM: 73
*Pressure: 124 m^3/h

So, what the heck, why can't people list them in the same units?

Does 124 m^3/h = 1.24 mm-H2O ?

I have tried finding the answers on google, trying to find ways to convert pressure, and I am utterly lost.

My ambient room temps are on average, 25-30c, so with a 10 delta loop, I would still be running at a theoretical 40c in the loop, which I think would be a great improvement over my current air cooling. My CPU idles at 40c (the core temps) which, going with water and getting a temp of that (under load), seems very good to me. That means, I can go with a lower RPM fan, and still get a good ~10 Delta

mm h2o is static pressure, m^3/h is flowrate, not static pressure...it's different ways of listing it based on how the mfg wants to sell the product.

Wow, after you said that, m^3/h is cubic meters per hour yes? And I am guessing, there is no way to get the static pressure from the flow rate, since one depends on how much air is moved, and the other is how 'strong' the air is moved, correct?

it's like head and flow in pumps, head is static pressure and flow is...well...flow. It's still just fluid motion, just a different fluid...they're sorta opposites.

Damn, that makes it even harder for me to compare fans now lol. I do think that I can go with the GTX 360 though, with a good CFM fan that I can run at around 1400 RPM for idling (~16 Delta at 800 watts) and can be pushed to 1800+ RPM (12 Delta at 800 watts). I have found a couple different fans. Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm x 25mm High Performance Fan (85 CFM @ 2000 RPM/30 dBa) or the Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-S3HS 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent Fan (73 CFM @ 1800 RPM/27 dBa) (Would it be best to run these in a Push/Pull? since they are not 'High' RPM?)

Last edited:
You need to go to Xtreme Systems forums and read all the posts and the stickies there on fans. There is a very active fan thread going on by a testing GOD, Martin.

You just need to pick a good run of the mill high speed fan. In 1-3 hours of homework you'll be fine.

We never go with what the makers say, we need standardized testing non-biased results. And you might want more than 1800 RPM, and you'll want 38mm thick fans. That rad is restrictive and need good pressure ratings too. Martin tests them on a RADIATOR, not open air.

^^^^this

the mfgs hardly ever give legit numbers. I only trust sanyo denki, delta, panaflo, and some scythe ratings, the rest I just completely disregard as overblown BS.

So I found a fan, that I think is a pretty good one. The Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM (Fan used by Skinnee for testing the Rad). Mfg. Site and Scythe UK on Amazon. What do you think? looks like a pretty good fan. 133 CFM and 45 dBa

According to this Decibel Table 45 dBa is ~A quiet library. I can handle my fans making that kind of sound. Do you know of any other fans that can perform around this CFM, but at a lower dbA?

Last edited:
Aaah I tried looking for stuff on there, but all I could find was some other fan test that was being done, but it was all on low cfm/rpm fans and didn't have to do with Radiators.(from what I could tell). It seems that the Delta is the beast of the bunch (but it is probably super loud). Then it looks like the Panaflow and San-Ace are next in line for CFM.

Ok so I was watching Videos on the fans in that list, the Delta basically destroys the other fans. But the only ones I can find, have 'Bare Leads' (Frozen adds a Molex + RPM Wire), would I be able to hook these to a fan controller? Or are they not able to be attatched to a controller? (If I can attach them to a controller I may get them)

Edit: Found one, Side-winder Computers offers a 3-pin connection, but they are sold out of the fan. But they have the Rev. C fan which costs slightly more, and it says it has 190CFM instead of 155 CFM (also 4100 RPM instead of 3700 RPM)

Last edited:
You must forgive me, but I have no idea what Gentle Typhoon means xD I read that, and just thought that he meant, it is like having a small typhoon. :x

aaaah ok, but with the GTX 360 Rad, it is probably just not a strong enough fan correct? unless I ran 6 of them in a push/pull?

Edit: On a side note, does two 30 CFM fans in a push/pull config, perform the same as a single 60 CFM fan would? Or do they not 'add' up like that?

Back