• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair and OCZ pc4000 wont do 5:4 on abit ic7-g Max3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

I have tried both ocz and corsair oc4000 in this mobo and i cant seem to have them run at 5:4 at all. My old corsair pc3500 can do it just fine tho and 3:2 as well. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sirius

Ya I have xms4000 and cant run at 5:4. 1:1 and 3:2 work fine, cant get low timing with 1:1. Have you seen how high you can get the xms4000 on 1:1 or no? I stopped at 240.

OP
eliteoneXP

eliteoneXP

I can get as high as like 265. I also cant bump the VDIMM past 2.8 but i can do it with my pc3500. This is extremely annoying

flapperhead

make sure u have the latest bios.. set nb strap to 800 also
in the memory timings select manual and run 3-4-4-8. see if that helps

OP
eliteoneXP

eliteoneXP

when i manually set the ram timings it will POST but it wont go into windows for some odd reason.

sp00L

You guys should check out the forums at www.abit-usa.com and go to the board for MAX Series. There have been many others who can't get their PC4000, especially OCZ, to run well on the IC7-MAX3. It's related to the vdimm voltage fluctuation at 2.9-3.2. And the lower vtt that isn't within spec. These MAX3 boards are only good to 2.8 vdimm. I wrestled with this same problem trying to get my PC3500 over 225 with tigher timings or any timings to work at 230+ fsb.

On those same abit forums, abit themselves acknowledge the flawed vdimm/vtt and only offer a fix for the vdimm but not the vtt. The AI7 is the only abit board with proper functioning vdimm/vtt up to 3.2. My max3 is collecting dust in the closet because of this very same problem. Do some research and decide where to go from here. I was able to get an Asus but not everyone is willing to blow an additional $200+ on a new mobo.

Good luck.