• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Carbide Air 740

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
Yes you read that right the Air 740 has been released and here it is in all of its glory.

Image from GURU3d
img_4691.jpg

Review Article form Guru3d
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...QwFrn-tCq-z3R9FeJ5SqQQ&bvm=bv.131783435,d.dmo

So lets hear everyone's thoughts. I personally am a big fan of the original air 540 and this looks like a good upgrade on that. The new styling is a little more aggressive than I care for as I like the boxyness of the original air 540 but until I get one in hand (gonna have to try and con someone into getting me a review sample:D) to really see the styling I will reserve my judgement. I did notice that there is no supports for an optical drive in this new series though which may be a sticking point for some. On the flipside though it looks like it is now possible to fit 7x120 worth of rad into this thing without the need for modification. Well enough from me for now and I hope to hear everyone's thoughts.

I'm not a fan of the aesthetics, but it seems like a great case to build in. A plus for the grommets. I looked at some cases for a build I did recently for a friend, and after my last build, grommets were a must. They look cleaner, especially with black cabling, and seem to provide more of a high end vibe than bare holes. If that makes any sense. My biggest question would be noise. The custom build they showed had Corsair AIOs and those fans are loud. I can well imagine it sounding like a paint booth in a body shop. Thanks for the link! Good stuff.

That's.... I like it! :)

Though looking at the specs, you can 'only' get 5x120mm worth of rad... 360 up front and only 240/280 up top....

Last edited:
It looks as though they could have easily made room for three 140s on the front, which is something I am looking for in my next case. I wonder why cases are not set up this way, seems to me that it would be ideal to push air straight across the the inside of the case to better separate the cpu/gpu heat.

It would have also been nice if Corsair had offered a solid door model.

I'm not a big fan of the Cube style cases but I do like the aesthetics of this. If only they made this style for the towers.

Back