• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5-6200 CL36 - CMT32GX5M2X6200C36

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you need 64GB? That's the question. If you aren't close to 32GB use, why double the cost? If you're close or expecting to exceed it, go for the slower speed. You'll barely notice a difference in anything.

I still have two more DDR5 kits to present but decided to start with Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5-6200 CL36. I'm rarely reviewing Corsair RAM so I was especially interested in how it works and what it offers.
The tested memory kit is based on two 16GB modules with Hynix IC. The product number is CMT32GX5M2X6200C36 but I haven't seen it on any QVL. Most Z690/DDR5 motherboards have many pre-release memory kits on the list and most of them, even with the same product number, are using different IC. Either way, let's focus on the Corsair kit.

The tested Dominator Platinum kit works without issues on ASUS Strix Z690I Gaming and Gigabyte Z690 Master.

The lowest CL is 26 at DDR5-6000 and results are pretty good.
View attachment 215606

As usual, fine-tuning would require more time so these are just examples of how you can set this specific memory kit.
The advantage of this memory kit seems its price (at least in the EU) as it's about as high or lower than that of other brands DDR5-6000 (Team Group/G.Skill). This was quite a surprise as Corsair Dominator kits are usually overpriced. DDR5 kits are overpriced anyway so at least we can pick something a bit faster out of the box.

Hi there @Woomack !

This is the only place/you seem to be the only person that actually is looking at exactly these SK Hynix DRAMs and I have several questions, but I want to keep it short. Currently there is an i7 13700k CPU running on a Asus PRIME z690-P and the maximum transferspeed is 6000 MT/s for this motherboard. Essentialy I wonder about 3 things, but you probably do not remember nor have it documented, but here goes:

- What Voltages did you set for these CL 26 at DDR5-6000? (important)
- Do you have the timings and more importantly subtimings somewhere listed? (also, but less)
- Do you know what speed and timings would work for 4x 16gb DDR5-6200? (naturally in my case overclocked to 6000 instead - not that important)

I thank you sincerely in advance in case you find this and the time to answer.

Currently I get read to around 91'000 MB/s and latency to around 65 ns which should be standard on the xmp I profile on 6200 to my knowledge. Also the CR on 1T is amazing!

You can find a lot of info about the same (or close) IC as on the market are almost only M-die and A-die. M-die IC is in almost everything up to 6600MT/s. A-die is almost only used in higher-speed kits. Both ICs are scaling in a similar way up to ~7000. The main difference is the voltage used, but the timings are in a similar pattern.

I wouldn't go for CL26 as it sometimes works, sometimes not. Often it passes stability tests, but in mixed-load tests, it crashes.

Here is a list of reviews with Hynix M-die:
- https://www.overclockers.com/adata-xpg-caster-32gb-ddr5-6400-memory-review/
- https://www.overclockers.com/corsair-vengeance-rgb-32gb-ddr5-6600-cl32-memory-kit-review/
- https://www.overclockers.com/g-skill-trident-z5-32gb-ddr5-6000-cl30-memory-review/ <-- you can use timings from the table for 6400 CL28 and use it for 6000 at 1.40V or a bit higher
- https://www.overclockers.com/silicon-power-xpower-zenith-ddr5-5600-memory-review/ <-- this one has a table with 6000 CL26, but the same, it can be unstable at other RAM
- https://www.overclockers.com/vcolor-manta-xsky-ddr5-6600-memory-kit-review/
- https://www.overclockers.com/v-color-manta-xprism-32gb-ddr5-6200-cl36-review/

I guess you can set something higher than 6000MT/s with 2 memory modules. I would try to test your motherboard at 6200/6400. If you want 4 modules, then it's not guaranteed that 6000 will work. I didn't have 4 of the same memory modules for tests, and/or I had no motherboard with 4 memory slots that I could use for tests. I'm typically buying ITX/OC series motherboards with 2 slots, and most of the review samples are not the best for RAM OC.

I am quite late to the show, I could not remember if this kit was M or A and did a quick google and found this thread, I have used this kit in my 12700K/Z690 Hero build as well as currently my 13900KS/Z790 Hero build.. Kit works great, but I had not tried to OC it yet and your info here is very helpful, thank you.

It's an M-die and should run at 7000+ on better Z790 motherboards. ASUS Hero can go up to 7800-8000, so it's fine.

Thank you for that! I was going to put in your 6800 info and see what if she would take it or what would need to be tweaked, what settings do you suggest for 7000ish I know it depends greatly on the CPU my SP is 109-117/93 and my MC is 83

I'm not checking these numbers, but every CPU should pass 8000. How high you can set your RAM is mainly a matter of the motherboard and used RAM. I would test it at 6800 CL32-39-39 1.45-1.50V, and if you make it work, then check the same at 7000-7200 (or maybe 34-40-40 or 34-42-42), and later relax timings to about CL36/38-45-45, and go for 7600-7800 at 1.45-1.50V. Once you find good settings at 6800-7000 and 7600+ (assuming it will work at 7600+), then compare results and decide on the daily settings.

Try to keep RAM temps below 70°C. I usually can't see any stability issues at the mid-60s. Problems are usually starting at 70+, sometimes earlier.

On the other hand, you won't see any significant difference between 6800-7000 and anything above 7000, even in most benchmarks, so it's more to play around than to get any significant performance gain. You may see a difference if you play games at 1080p and you go for max FPS, but I guess nothing else will be worth the time.

The main difference between A-die and M-die is the voltage required for each setting. Too high voltage, of course, causes high temps, and eventually, RAM will lose stability. As long as the airflow is fine and you have luck with memory chips then it can go higher than expected. I was testing this Corsair RAM on motherboards that had problems with higher clocks than 6800-7000, so I couldn't check its max clock. I assume you can make something better on the Z790 Hero and the 13th gen CPU.

Thank you very much for the explanation and the advice, I will give it a try after I get my Chiller project finished.

Back