• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair M65

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sydo

So looking for information from M65 mouse owners.

I read that you can't program the "snipe" button to be a, well mouse button you can however program it to a keystroke, so in-game it would be tied to a hotkey bar (think MMO) like you normaly would with a mouse button but through the keybord.

Question 1: Is all that true?

Question 2: Will it still be changing DPI while pressed?

Question 3: Can i change the "snipe" button in the Corsair software and then uninstall the software and the mouse remembers? Does it have internal memory? (Hate having all those softwares running.)

Bonus question: Anyone find the "snipe" button to be "in the way" an annoyance, for general use and gaming?

Or perhaps I should just go with G502.... Hmm...

Last edited:

bob4933

1) its true. The software allows you to "change" it , but the change never over rides the function. HIGHLY annoying.
2) Yes.
3) No for the sniper button, but yes for all the other buttons.

I give the m65 a 7.5/10. If this stupid sniper button didn't exist, I would sincerely give it a 10/10. Has the same sensor as the 502, and I LOVE the size. You get used to the button, but at first you WILL accidently hit the button and it WILL drive you bonkers if you play FPS'. I prefer it over the 502, but i have very large hands and a floating claw grip. If you have smaller hands or palm grip, get the 502. They are intrinsically the same mouse in function.

OP
S

Sydo

Thanks for the answers :)

You say you have large hands and so the m65 fits you, but it's to my understanding that the m65 is smaller than the g502 in length at least, is it due to your claw grip that m65 fits you better?

bob4933

Thanks for the answers :)

You say you have large hands and so the m65 fits you, but it's to my understanding that the m65 is smaller than the g502 in length at least, is it due to your claw grip that m65 fits you better?

No problemo.

The m65 is far wider than the 502. I fancy wider mice, and the 502 is long and slender; no good for my hands. I also own the Sabre. Its pretty much the same mouse, but [The OPTICAL model, not the LASER model] uses the 3988 sensor (Which is still awesome). The m65 is heavier, which I also LOVE.

With mice nowadays, you're pretty much buying a shell. Most gaming optical mice are now using logitech sensors exclusively (this is a GOOD thing), and I havent seen one that isn't using omron switches in ages. don't sweat the "sniper button" so much, I got used to it very quickly, and its no longer an issue. Its kinda cool sometimes even, because if you conciously press it, you can do 180's faster than otherwise normally possible.

OP
S

Sydo

Hey Bob.

Been busy all day so couldn't reply before now. I have decided to go for the G502 spectrum due to the fact that the snipe button is incapable of being changed, and therefor would just become a nuisance to me. I have no doubt it's a great mouse, just not for my needs unfortunately, great design as well!

bob4933

Hey Bob.

Been busy all day so couldn't reply before now. I have decided to go for the G502 spectrum due to the fact that the snipe button is incapable of being changed, and therefor would just become a nuisance to me. I have no doubt it's a great mouse, just not for my needs unfortunately, great design as well!

Let me check again when I get home, it's actually been a couple months since I've tried to change it, and the software has updated a couple times since.