• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair PC4000, or what else

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
what model of corsair XMS would you all recommend. plan on getting 2x512mb sticks, as fast timings as possible.

but thats what i would be looking for. id like to be able to run like 215 fsb at as close to 2-2-2-5 timings as possible. is this even possible with ram out these days?

For those timings, PC4000 will not cut the mustard. Buy some good quality PC3500 such as Corsair PC3500, or Kingston. these will easily run at this FSB at similar timings. The nForce 2 chipset would be betetr running with 2-2-2-11 in most cases however. Its proven to give more bandwidth.

Craig

ya, that is what i have heard, i just never restart my computer, and when i do, i never remember to change it.

but you think the corsair pc3500 is a better idea than the pc3200 or pc4000?

PC4000 dont do tight timings, the PC3200 might no go up to 215FSB yet PC3500 goesto 217FSB without overclocking so guarantees it out of the box so makes you safe.

Craig

Yeah, PC4000 is built for high FSBs and loose timings, really more for P4 systems. Mushkin PC3500 Lvl2 is another excellent choice.

PC3700 was also made for high FSBs and loose timings. P4 systems still recieve a performance increase from tight timings particulrary the RAS-to-CAS however AMD relies on tight timings for increased memory bandwidth.

Craig

Back