• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengeance K65 mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Red)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Just got this today on sale from amazon for $55 shipped. So far it isn't too bad. Gotta get used to the higher sitting keys and the mechanical clacking sound, lol. I don't miss the number keypad on the right of my regular keyboard so I have more space on my desk.

Tho I'm sure evryone here knows I how I feel about corsair and their products, I just had to swallow my pride and jump on this deal for a new keyboard.

Rainwater

Ya that's a great price. I have the razer blackwidow chroma kb and naga chroma mouse. My friend wanted to try it out so I swapped him for two weeks for the corsair straffe kb and some weird mouse witht the dedicated sniper button on the side. OMFG dude I got my razer setup back this morning and have gamed more today alone than I have in the last two weeks. I'm dead serious I could not stand that crap. The kb I could live with but the mouse was the absolute biggest pos I've ever used in my life. I am so happy today to finally have mine back :clap:

dejo

Senior Moment Senior Member
I use the k65 rgb for everyday use and had the k70 on the backup box. really like both of them

OP
Nebulous

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
I'm just starting to get used to it. Just played Doom and it's quite responsive. I really like not having that dang numberpad tho, lol. I bought that EVGA TORX 10 mouse @ a steal $15 shipped and omg I hate that dam thing. It's soo small and doesn't fit my hand. It felt really awkward trying to game with it. I just tossed it back in the box in my junk closet. It'll make a good back-up just incase I need it. I'd rather use my G9X as a backup tho.

Rainwater

One thin I did like about it was the wrist rest. I wish mine had it. But I love the clicking sound on my Blackwidow and how easy the buttons go down. It was my first gaming kb mouse setup and switching to something else just felt so foreign I can't describe in words the difference. But mainly it was the mouse. I hated it couldn't use it refused to use it did not use it and literally stopped gaming for 2 weeks because of it. Lol

OP
Nebulous

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Dam that must've been brutal not being able to play. I remember not having a video card waiting on an RMA. That was the longest 2 1/2 weeks I've ever went through. I'd go nuts not playing for a few days, much less weeks, lmao!